Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic won't turn on after I shut it down. I hold down the large button on the left and nothing.And it won't charge either. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't even had it for 24 hrs

Best Answer
311 REPLIES 311

Dead. Defective product that company continues to sell. They’ll let you buy another piece for a 40% discount...

Moderator edit: Format and word choice 

Best Answer

It did fine until I reset it to factory settings and after I did that it wouldn't come back on.

Best Answer

Just got off the phone with “support”. I use that term loosely!!  They only gave me 25% off!!  Just ordered a Samsung Galaxy watch.  Officially DONE with Fitbit!

Best Answer

Hello everyone! I'm happy to continue providing assistance with your Ionic devices, my apologies for the delayed reply. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding our Fitbit Ionic and warranty policies, I totally understand how frustrating this situation can be for each of you. My best advise for you guys will be to check the information that was shared on my previous post for more details about this and to try the applicable troubleshooting steps to resolve your difficulties. 

You can get in touch with our Customer Support team to receive further assistance if the steps that were shared on my previous post are tried with no avail. Also, you can contact me directly so I can create a ticket with our Support team for them to provide further assistance. Thanks again for the feedback that was shared.

See you around, don't hesitate to contact me back if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer

How frustrating? We paid 300 dollars for a smartwatch that died in a little over a year. Now Fitbit expects us to shell out more money for a defective product? Laughable. Fitbit should step up to the plate and replace them as obviously this is a known defect. Poor customer service and at this point I will never purchase another Fitbit product. 

Thanks for nothing...

Best Answer

Tried all trouble shooting options with no success barely used this and nownit wont turn on no matter the method.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @wdlp65 and @nonbi3. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your Fitbit Ionic inquiry. 

Thank you for your feedback @wdlp65We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

@nonbi3, thank you for trying all troubleshooting options. Could you please confirm that you have restarted your device.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
If you don’t want to create frustration, stop telling customers whose Ionic is DEAD to restart......
Best Answer
Yes I have already tried restarting it. Held down all three buttons. As
well as the left and bottom buttons.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Lucky you. I was offered 25%. 

Bad customer service after this is an obvious problem that they ignore and continue to sell this product 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you don’t want to frustrate your customers than stop  selling products that you know don’t work and stop offering a measly 25% discount on an expensive watch. 

Best Answer

Surely with the number of problems since last weekend for it a lot of ionic users FITBIT cannot just rely on the standard responses re contact support, do all the known work around and then finally the big sorry out of warranty. 

It amazes me that this company has not admitted there is a problem and tried to resolve and be transparent about the problem. 

I actually feel a bit sorry for the online service staff towing the company line most probably knowing the issues cannot be fixed by the normal trouble shooting.

Best Answer

Please tell me what’s your secret to getting customer service to do the right thing

Best Answer
Funny part is after multiple emails it was apparent that I was getting auto
responses. I did a test and replied with “!?1” just to see what would
happen. A few hour later I got the standard “ thank you for your reply
blah blah"

Clearly a human is not reading my emails.
Best Answer
Email the CEO
Best Answer

Support is a joke. The ionic is a joke. Time to move on to Android or Apple. You get what you pay for and even though, in this case, we did NOT get what we paid for, I think we'll have better luck going to a vendor who places at least a little bit of emphasis on the customer.

Edit: And I agree. It's not the support folk's fault. It's cheap engineering, poor quality assurance, and poor attention to the customer experience at fault here.

Moderator edit: Word choice 

Best Answer

I would if only I could find the address!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

CEO is James Park. Find him on LinkedIn and message him there. Nothing will come from it, but hey, it's better than the black hole of these forums, I reckon.

Edit: JK. I guess he's a "premium" user that you cannot message without connecting first. Oh well. 

Best Answer
Agreed. I asked customer support where she was located and was told
Guatemala. I asked for a rep in the US and was told there aren’t any.
Best Answer
0 Votes

**Personal information removed**

Best Answer