Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic wont sync after version 27.72.1.15 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Never had any sync issues before this update, now my ionic wont sync. What changed?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@tribri It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the syncing issue that your Fitbit Ionic has experienced.

I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. After this, monitor your Ionic during the next 24 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Hope this helps.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

i tried everything mentioned and it still doesnt connect. It seems to sync HR and sleep data but doesnt sync any clock or app data.It cant even find in bluetooth devices once i have done  "forget device"  Very strange. Canyou suggest anything?

Best Answer

I have the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with sync. Have managed to sync but it's irregular. My main concern is my ionic is not keeping time properly. I lost 20 minutes overnight. Have tried shutdown and restart, still having same issue. Just lost 4 minutes in 2 hours since last sync.

Best Answer

I have had the same thing since the update. I first noticed that the time on my watch was a couple minutes behind my phone. I would restart my phone and then resync  the watch and it would go back to normal. Last night I realized that the watch was off by over 35 minutes. I turned off phone restarted phone and try to resync with watch. Phone could no longer see watch. I then went through all of the restart options for the watch, after each trying to get the phone to see the watch .... no go. I then went to the last hope factory restart... still no luck. I spent about an hour with fitbit tech support last night. No resolution. I was given a case # and told they will contact me, none yet, it  is 2pm PT. I am very disappointed and worried because, probably like all of us, I rely on my watch a great deal. This is my second Ionic, which also is maddening. The first one died shortly after it went out of warranty.

Oh I forgot, in case someone asks. Very early in the process with the issues deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app on the phone multiple times in the whole process I have detailed.

Update:

I had another conversation with customer support today 07/29/21. My phone now can see my watch. It then tries to begin the connection process sending a 4 digit code and then trying to connect and update, but it is constantly not successful. 

Customer support now says my watch is not longer working and it is out of warranty. REMEMBER this is a watch that was working 100% perfect prior to this update. The update caused ALL of these problems!! Fitbit has offered to give me a limited 35% discount to buy a new watch instead of helping me replace the watch that was 100a% fine before they damaged it with this update. IS THAT FAIR? My last Ionic died shortly after it went out of warranty. I have been using fit bit devices since 2016 BUT this is my 4th device in that time, only the first device was replaced as an upgrade the other 3 ALL DIED. What does that saay about the quality of these devices?! Please respond.

Best Answer

I share your frustration man and I am 100% sure that it is related to the latest update. Wonder if it is Fitbit’s way of forcing us to repurchase? Personally, I am going to make a new purchase, but it seems more likely that it will be another brand. 

Best Answer

@Kalomar You're not going to be the only one looking at other brands, there are a lot of Ionics and older versas being ruined by this update.

If fitbit had sense they'd have formed a department to deal with this and either fix this update or properly compensate affected people.  A discount voucher doesn't cut it for a majority of disappointed users.

I have ignored the update and will carry on ignoring it till its confirmed that it doesn't harm my Ionic.

Best Answer

I had some success after mutliple attempts in getting my ionic to resync. I had to factory reset again and then try, try, and try again to connect. That was Thursday morning (29th). It worked okay on 29th then starting failing again on 30th, last syncing at 19:24. At that time the watch was 12 minutes behind time. It continued to lose time overnight and was 1 hour 10 minutes behind this morning(31st), still unable to sync. It's now 16:05 GMT on 31st and the battery has died. No sync, time off, battery died. Highly disappointed that a firmware 'improvement' started this. I purchased my Ionic in May 2020, 4th fitbit device. In November 2020 I had it replaced by Fitbit support following a syncing problem (sent away for 3 weeks) and now this problem. Confidence in the product gone and company confidence severely impacted too. I need to seriously consider if I pursue this further with Fitbit support or purchase a new device from another provider. So disappointing and so unnecessary.

Best Answer

Not good

Best Answer
0 Votes