Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic wont turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit will not turn back on after shutdown. It is fully charged. It did an update of new features. After that, it stated restart for notifications.  I did the shutdown and now it will not power back on. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

My Fitbit will not turn back on after shutdown. It is fully charged. It did an update of new features. After that, it stated restart for notifications.  I did the shutdown and now it will not power back on. Please help

Best Answer

I have the same problem, and I pressed all three buttons for  around 15 seconds then it back on. But the problem is the battery dropped from 100 percent to 70 

Best Answer

Me, too.  Same problem, same symptoms.

Best Answer

@Hershyee, have you tried pressing & holding the left and bottom right buttons until the Fitbit logo appears?

Best Answer

Thank you, thought my ionic was toast after shutdown on latest upgrade

Best Answer

Just tried this and it worked like a charm! Whew...I was worried it was a goner. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG....Thank you so much. I was pressing the left button and not the bottom right. Whenever I reset it before, it was just the left button. I almost bought another one. THANK YOU!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem 🤭, I wanted to buy another one - almost. It’s very stressful when it doesn’t work. 

Relieved 😌 

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes this has been a problem. 2 times in last few days. After updating to latest firmware , it had been working nicely . Saturday night i shutdown my ionic after charging it to 95%. monday morning tried to turn on by pressing only left button(as it used to earlier) , nothing happened. Tried with left and bottom right for more than 10 seconds, it turned on. 

The problem is dual -

1. isnt this way a soft reset? instead of normal turning on?

2. The battery dropped to 37% from 95 at shutdown. this is not normal.

anybody has any inputs/suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rahulganatra wrote:

1. isnt this way a soft reset? instead of normal turning on?

It is only a Reset if the tracker is on at the time that the two buttons and pressed & held. If the tracker is turned off, it just turns it on.

@rahulganatra wrote:

2. The battery dropped to 37% from 95 at shutdown. this is not normal.

Not sure why that would be, since it wouldn't use the battery while turned off. Did you place it on the charger after it was turned back on to fully charge it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

exactly my point. the ionic wont turn on wiht left button at all. it needs reset everytime u need to turn on from shutdown mode

also battery drained. not sure why. once turned on , i put it for charging. 

weird behaviour

Best Answer
0 Votes
After your Ionic is charged, Hold the left button and lower right button
until the logo appears on watch to turn on. A hidden feature from the last
FitBit upgrade ( Sarcasm)
Best Answer
0 Votes