Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone experiencing double logging of running exercise

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm submitting this in the Ionic section, but this also happens to me when using my Charge 2.

I run every morning and always start the exercise tracking on my iPhone for the GPS and mostly the audio cues. This has worked fine for years until 2-3 months ago. Everytime I start the exercise tracking on my iPhone, it gets logged twice, which means that the steps are counted twice and I end up having to delete one of the entries every day., The first entry is the actual one that contains the GPS tracking, but about 15-30 minutes later, a second entry is created with no GPS tracking and 4 hours before.  I've contacted support and was told to try many things, which I did, but no help. I've disabled auto recognition of activities to see if that was it, but no luck. I've removed all of my fitbit devices and only kept on, no luck also.

This used to work perfectly fine until probably a recent update. It's not the end of the world, but it is very annoying since I have to remember to always delete the second exercice entry or steps are counted twice.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.

thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Random side question, do you have it set to sync with Strava? I had an issue a little while back where Strava was syncing back the event I just recorded, but the timezone got goofed up so it would say I did the run 7 hours earlier (my timezone offset).

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Random side question, do you have it set to sync with Strava? I had an issue a little while back where Strava was syncing back the event I just recorded, but the timezone got goofed up so it would say I did the run 7 hours earlier (my timezone offset).

Best Answer
That was the issue. I'm surprise Fitbit's support is not aware of. I dealt
with with them for a couple of weeks and no one had a resolution.

thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes