Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ionic really waterproof

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After a swim with my ionic it stopped working and now does not charge and switch on. I notice moisture between the plastic seal and sensors. Appears that it is not waterproof as advertised.

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

This seems to be a common issue reported on this forum. It would appear your Ionic has a faulty seal. Get in touch with Fitbit support to arrange a replacement. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thank you. According to the specs the ionic is water resistant up to 50m. My pool is not deeper than 2 meters. I have reported the problem to Fitbit Support and awaiting their response

Best Answer

Any update from Fitbit Support?

Best Answer

If you purchased from a store then return it there, if you purchased from the fitbit online store then contacting fitbit support is the way to go.

Best Answer

This happened to my ionic as well and I haven’t even had it 2 months . I had to send in a video of how I’m charging it and show me trying to turn it on and what it does. Mine will light up alittle but no logo or picture of any kind. You can clearly see water condensation in it. I am praying they replace it since it was purchased 2/28/2018. Oh and I tried to return it to Best Buy but they would not since it had been more than 30 days. 

Best Answer

Did you get a replacement ?

Best Answer
Yes I did within a week.
N

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Fitbit will replace.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I hope to have my replacement soon

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Jeni73the 30 days replacement is only if you change your mind, If there is a fault with the device then Best Buy must replace or repair within the 1 year warranty period. Of course this depends on your local laws but it should still be the case. I'd go back to Best Buy and roll around the floor and throw a tantrum (well maybe not that, but at least explain to them their obligations concerning the warranty), but it is always fun to throw a tantrum now and again, very refreshing and uplifting. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well this worrying. I was going to go swimming with it. Now I'm not sure. 

Best Answer

My Ionic died died also after only a few weeks of usage. I also noticed moisture in the inside (behind the transparent sensor plastic). I am waiting for the support to answer.

May be a warn signal for other users: some times my Ionic started to vibrate and showed autonomous the screen wake and notification settings screen you get after pressing the left button. Maybe the seal of the left button was defective. It happend after showering but I did not thought of a water problem at this time.

Best Answer

Now having three same filrmdi myself...

😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic also died after swimming. I've had my ionic over 6 months. Will they replace?

Best Answer

@Ftbtmg wrote:

My ionic also died after swimming. I've had my ionic over 6 months. Will they replace?

Yes since it is well within the 1 year warranty time frame. Contact whomever you bought it from.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic died as well just a few days ago while on vacation. I feel like they should be recalled; clearly they are all not waterproof as advertised. My husband has the same watch and his is fine. I got the burnt orange and he has grey. I'd be interested in knowing what color watches everyone who has had an issue has

Best Answer

My fitbit ionic has so many screen problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes