Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a new Fitbit app update available?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

support told me that since yesterday should be a new Fitbit app available.

Unfortunately not available for me. Maybe in the next days.

Did somebody who received the new app recognized some improvements?

I received only an update of the Ionic-Fitbit-app Options.

Now some problems with clock face  "Heart Beats" and some Bluetooth problems. Restarts didn't help.

Hopefully the new app.

Regards

Mark

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Check to see if the phone app is up to date.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I'm not sure which phone/computer this new app is for @Mark2018

On Android, I'm seeing 3-4 app updates a month. 

Best Answer

I see only new version numbers.

But no solution. Still all problems available. 😞

So frustrating!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @Mark2018! If you're talking about the Firmware Version on your Fitbit Ionic, I'd recommend taking a look at the article: What's changed in the latest Fitbit devices update?

On the other hand, there were new updates for the Fitbit app for both platforms, iOS and Android. You update the Fitbit app just as you would any other app on your device. If you’re unsure how to update an app, choose a section below.

Note that your device may automatically update your apps depending on your settings.

iOS (should be on 2.53): 

1. Tap the App Store app.
  2. Tap the Updates tab. If the Fitbit app has an update, you’ll see it in the Available Updates list.
  3. Tap Update.

If your apps update automatically, check the Updated list to see if the Fitbit app was updated.

Android (should be on 2.74):

1. Tap the Play Store app.
  2. Tap or click the menu icon in the top left corner.
  3. Tap My apps & games. If the Fitbit app has an update, you’ll see it in the Updates list.
  4. Tap Update.

If your apps update automatically, check the Recently updated or Up to date list to see if the Fitbit app was updated.

If you're having trouble updating your clock face, I'd recommend the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app
  • Try changing your clock face

If after following those steps you keep having issues updating the clock face, I'd recommend setting up your tracker as a new device. Therefore, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your mobile device and remove the tracker from the Bluetooth settings (please don't do this on the Fitbit app, it may be a chance you cannot pair the tracker again if you remove it from the app, so let's do this only on the mobile phone). These steps should help for the clock face and Bluetooth issues.

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Smiley Very Happy

Hope this helps, let @Rich_Laue@DramaQueenDiva, or me know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

And you really assume that answers my question? Funny!

Which bugs?

Which improvements?

That sentences says nothing to me.

I still have the same problem!

You see a lot of bugs reported in all communities.  For each Fitbit tracker!

Sleep stages missing.

No accurate heart rate.

Sync problems

Ionic has not all sensors active, which are announced at the beginning of Ionic!

This year is really hard with fitbit!

Really funny! 🙂

Sooooooo frustrating!

(Feel free to cancel without notification! Or push Fitbit to solve all problems!)

Since March I'm not happy with Fitbit!

Hopefully soon will be better!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along @Mark2018.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Since you're having syncing issues,  I'd like you to make sure that your Fitbit Ionic is still connected to your Fitbit account. Maybe the tracker got unpaired and that's why it's not syncing? Also, check if the tracker is still appearing on the phone's Bluetooth settings. 

Keep in mind that a syncing difficulties may be caused by a missing requirement. Check the following:

Depending your Android device, these tips might make syncing easier:

• Turn on the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app. This setting improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Fitbit device. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your Fitbit device to drain more quickly than normal.
  • Turn on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your Fitbit device to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your phone or Fitbit device.

If those steps don't work, try these steps:

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. Restart your Ionic by following these steps
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

Also, check this helpful article for more details about this. 

If your heart rate is missing, I'd recommend taking a look at the article: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device?Also, please take a look at all the requirements for receiving sleeping stages in this post

Let me know if this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have enough explained where the problem is. Also to the support.

Your suggestion unfortunately not realy helpful.

In the past I loved Fitbit,  now it's very hard.

I bought Fitbit because of the detailed sleep stages and the possibility to recognize sleep apnea.

Still not working for me. 😞

Nobody of the world has consistent heart rate! That's why Fitbit is using HRV and movements.

But the range is to small.

And the firmware nor app can help, the algorithm is on the server side, otherwise Win10 app should work,  but it doesn't.

Check the clock face Heart Beats, there you see everytime heartbeats and HRV.

Hopefully I'm happy again when everything is working!

Thank you for your understanding!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit released a new version on July 11. 

Best Answer
0 Votes