Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there something up between Fitbit and Comcast?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This might be a bit of an "Inside baseball" question but I think it's somewhat valid.

This morning my Ionic would not sync. At all. Tried every last troubleshooting thing I could. It would not sync.

Then just for gun, I turned off my phones wifi and the sync happened almost immediately. I've been noticing this weird behavior this week - won't sync at home over wifi (I have Comcast wifi) but as soon as I am out of range of my router it suddenly syncs. I thought it was just coincidence all this time but now I am starting to wonder... With the repeal of net neutrality, is Comcast somehow limiting access to fitbit over it's wifi?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @wookietim

Thanks for performing these troubleshoots, let me help you out. As a first step I recommend performing the restart, if the syncing issues persist I recommend following the steps listed on the Why won't my Fitbit device sync? article

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Dude, recommending a "restart" is getting old. I am unsure how many times a day I need to restart the fitbit, restart the phone, restart bluetooth just to make a fitbit work, but here is the bottomline : Fitbit is literally never been able to get it's syncing working reliably. Even back in the days when fitbit shipped a bluetooth USB dongle, it only worked about once out of every five times it was tried.

Here is a idea from a stockholder : Make the basics work in your products. Bluetooth is not an exotic technology - you ought to be capable of connecting and syncing using bluetooth as the very most basic thing you do. It ought to work every time. Telling people "Do a restart" is unacceptable since that seems to be the extent of your troubleshooting prowess.

Make it work or just stick a USB port on the watch itself and have people plug it into a laptop to sync. But don't keep up the charade of claiming restarts make it work. Because I notice that restarts don't seem to change the likliehood of syncing - it seems that all restarts do is allow the person trying to feel like they are doing something. It's like telling an expectant father to boil water and rip up sheets - it does nothing other than keep him busy.

Best Answer

Hi there @wookietim

I totally understand your frustration to this matter, I tried to provide a general a response so it could be useful for all the users who might checked this thread for the first time. Thanks for all the details and information that you have provided, before considering other options I just want to make sure that you have already tried the steps here. This has been useful for other users who have experienced trouble to connect the smartwatch to a WiFi network. 

Please let me know if you find this useful, otherwise I can certainly forward your information to our Support Team for further assistance. 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer