Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG v20 Compatibility with Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the Ionic for just under a week and really liked it so far. Today I woke up and it all of a sudden stopped receiving message notifications. It still tells me when I'm getting a call but nothing for texts. I tried all the troubleshooting and none of the steps worked. I then saw that the LG v20 is still not compatible. I called customer service to confirm this and see if there was anything I could do. They said for now it won't work because it is not compatible and we don't know if it ever will be. This is rather frustrating because the phone has been out for almost 2 years now and many people have asked for this to be fixed. I have seen alot of posts about this and no responses saying they are working on this issue. I wish fitbit would work on this because LG phones are popular and many people have been having an issue. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Big_Ben Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting the situation you are experiencing with notifications while using an LG V20. Thanks for contacting customer support regarding this.

I was making some research and found a feature suggestion which is asking for that specific compatibility:

The categorization comment found there is a recent one and it's saying that we'll try to get an update for this soon (it's the most recent update). Also, feel free to vote and comment on the idea.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for responding. I also liked that topic and commented on it earlier today. I really like my ionic. I just wanted to make sure that this is being worked on and will hopefully be fixed soon. Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Big_Ben Thanks for your reply and for voting and commenting on that suggestion.

Absolutely, rest assured that once I get more information about this I will update you. Also, stay tuned to the suggestion as updates should also arrive there. 

If you happen to have any other suggestions for future features you would like to see on Ionic, please post them there. Feel free to search for existing ideas or create an original one.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for being so responsive and helpful. I really appreciate it. ☺

Best Answer

Is there any news about if the lg v20 is going to be compatible. Its been a long time since the comment was posted saying ot would hopefully be fixed soon. It feels like noone is trying to fix this issur because there have been no other updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

it's been almost a year since @SantiR has answered so it's probably safe to assume they haven't done anything.  Would be nice to know even if you can't make it compatible so we can at least make a choice of switching phone or switching watches

Best Answer
0 Votes