Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging Water On Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else having trouble with logging Water on the Ionic and getting it to sync to their phone? 

I can log water all all day long on the tracker but it won’t transfer when I sync.

I have a Samsung 8+ phone. 

Some days I have trouble getting the entire tracker to sync also. Seems like this all started around December with an update that rolled out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @KarenLeah and welcome.  Please advise on what Water Logging App you are using to accomplish your monitoring.  This will enable me to provide further assistance.  In the meantime, let me suggest a quick RESET of your Ionic.  Here is how: Press and hold the left and bottom right buttons together, until the Fitbit icon appears, then release.

Please advise and thanks!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

I am using the Fitbit water tile in the Today section. 

From the watch face scroll up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help?

After resetting the Ionic all the water I had logged for many days synced for today.

Then this morning it wont sync again.

Do I need to reset my Ionic every morning?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since  there doesn't seem to be any help for this problem I installed the app called Ionic Water. It works perfectly. 

I really wish the software Fitbut made to log your water intake worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KarenLeah , the thing to keep in mind is the Water Logging Apps are made by third party developers (the ones actually on your Ionic), so sometimes the sync can get delayed, but it usually catches up.  I would suggest trying the different third party apps for Water Logging and see if one works better than the other.  Glad you're finding good results with the new App!

Hope this helped and thanks!

Community Council Member

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd really like the FITBIT water logging option on the TODAY area to work. 

That's the ones that doesn't sync. 

The one where you scroll up from the watch face. 

It wont sync. 

Best Answer

@KarenLeah okay, I'm with you now! I misunderstood and thought you were using an App from a third party developer, but in actuality, your using the one from the Ionic "Today" area.  I have escalated your case to the Forum Moderators and one of the Moderators should be contacting you within the next 24-48 hours.  Again, Thanks for the clarification!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much! 

I hope to hear from them soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KarenLeah and @GySgt_Seidell.

@GySgt_Seidell Thanks for bringing this up. @KarenLeah Thanks for sharing that using a third party app has done it as a workaround.

@KarenLeah My first recommendation in this case would be to restart your Fitbit. The restart will help in case there is something not working properly in the Ionic's software. After the restart please try logging water once again and it should come through.

Keep us posted on how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted both my Ionic and my Samsung S8 phone.

The logged water still doesn’t pull forward into the app. 

However if I use the 3rd party app called Ionic Water, the logged water pulls forward just fine. 

I’m ok using the 3rd party app, I just prefer my Ionic to work properly. 

Any ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KarenLeah.

Thanks for trying the restart that was recommended.

In this case I'd like to ask you to try performing a factory reset on your Ionic. That will force the Ionic to reload all data as it was when you first started using it and as such the water should be logged properly. To do the reset please follow these steps:

1. On your Ionic, go to the settings app.
  2. There scroll to the About section and tap on it.
  3. Scroll to the Factory Reset option.

After the factory reset you will need to set up your Ionic again as if it was a brand new FItbit so please make sure to sync all your data before following these steps. 

Keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I will try the factory reset. 

Hate having to reload my apps but I’ll be a sport and do it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly this did not work.

I even tried restarting the Ionic & my phone, still nothing.

With a factory reset not helping, are there anymore ideas or am I just stuck with this not working? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KarenLeah.

Thanks for trying the steps I recommended and letting me know how it went. I really appreciate it.

Our support team will be getting in touch with you about this situation. They will be more than happy to help you figure out what is going on and find the best way to move forward. Since they will be reaching out via email, please keep an eye on your email's inbox, spam and trash folders.

Let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes