Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Bluetooth connection during initial installation

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is the Neverending story. 

My brand new fitbit ionic is utterly impossible. 

As I am trying to install it. It loses the Bluetooth connection during the firmware update. This is during the initial setup. As a result it becomes completely useless. So it's reboot everything Uninstall the app, remove ionic from the app. And so on and so forth. I've tried it on three different devices. Two android and one IOS.

Help me out please? 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Shadowskimmer I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your Ionic during set up or updating. Thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox for next steps.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for reaching out. I am ready to receive some serious assistance. I've spend many, many hours trouble shooting - both alone and with fitbit support. So what are the next steps in getting the product to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shadowskimmer Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details.

In this case, I've been informed that you have an open case with customer support already. I'd recommend to continue troubleshooting this with them to get a solution to get back on track. I'm sure customer support has been helping you out to fulfill this purpose.

Let me know any updates! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!

We're going through the motions. I'll keep you posted.
Best Answer

@Shadowskimmer Thanks for your reply, I'm glad to read that support is providing you with help.

Any updates regarding this? Did they provided you with a solution already?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my issue as well. I lost connection with my Ionic on the 8th and began troubleshooting using all of the suggested/recommended solutions readily available in the forums. I've gone through the cycle of factory resetting the fitbit, disconnecting all the bluetooth devices from my phone, restarting the phone, restarting bluetooth, uninstalling/reinstalling the fitbit app, etc. I've attempted connection on a different phone and a PC all the device does is show the happy little fitbit diamond with the occasional "set up at fitbit.com/setup" messaging. At this point my watch is a shiny brick. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @PizzaPlanet! Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've performed  as well for the details mentioned.

I've shared your post with our Support team and they've informed me that you already have a case with them, please continue troubleshooting it via email. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks Sylvia, we are working on a solution!

Best Answer