Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Bluetooth connection

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic loses connection after 30 minutes. I find this totally unexceptable !!! $400 for this !!!

Has anyone else had this problem!!!

It is totally frustrating because I then have to stop my workout and I mean stop as in end so I can reconnect.!!!

I am seriously considering returning my ionic for a full refund...

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@mapleleaf56, I am not sure what Bluetooth connection you are losing with the Ionic - since the exercise activities, including GPS, are tracked within the Ionic, and not by Bluetooth, are you referring to earphone Bluetooth connection?  Or, is it something else?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

@USAF-Larry sorry I should have said that it dropping Bluetooth signal from earbuds.. my ear buds are latest BeatsX ..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with my Ionic and BeatsX: the Bluetooth signal consistently drops out after about thirty minutes of use at the gym. It's reconnectable, but pretty poor for a product pitched/priced at the level it is.

I don't mind not having the bells and whistles of the Apple Watch, despite paying the same price, but at least get the basics right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did try a different set of ear buds which seems to work perfectly on testing, will try them out in the gym tomorrow and post results.
I really hope they work because I love the whole Fitbit experience.. I have lost over 70lbs in 6 months and using the Fitbit App as my bible has been a huge help so I would hate to have to look elsewhere..

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with Apple AirPods and ionic. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears to be a problem that Fitbit do not care about...I have the same issue with my Beats x earbuds.I even contact Apple who say its a fitbit problem !!! they even replaced my earbuds as a kind gesture something Fitbit should note!! CUSTOMER CARE... Fitbit seem to be only interested in taking our money.. One thought though is.. are Fitbit forcing us towards buying there earbuds ???..

Still waiting .... 

Shame on you Fitbit..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have installed the new firmware update and it appears the issue with Beats x and Bluetooth connection dropping after 30min into exercise has been fixed. I did a trial at home and after 35mins no dropped signal..

I Will be going to the gym after work and will do a full test.

I will post results.. 

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Best Answer
0 Votes