Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS / text message pictures?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It would be awesome if the Ionic would show GIFs and Images in text message notifications. It has the screen for it. Will it?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@BartChilders Ionic offers extended smart notifications to help you stay connected to what matters most to you. Notifications from your smartphone can be delivered to your device with an on-screen message and vibrating alert, including call, text and calendar notifications, as well as notifications from apps like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Skype, Slack, Snapchat, WeChat, WhatsApp and more. You can customize which notifications you receive in the Fitbit app, allowing you to keep your phone tucked away while notifying you of information you might miss. MMS or GIFs are not displayed on Ionic, only the notification for when you receive one.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@BartChilders Ionic offers extended smart notifications to help you stay connected to what matters most to you. Notifications from your smartphone can be delivered to your device with an on-screen message and vibrating alert, including call, text and calendar notifications, as well as notifications from apps like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Skype, Slack, Snapchat, WeChat, WhatsApp and more. You can customize which notifications you receive in the Fitbit app, allowing you to keep your phone tucked away while notifying you of information you might miss. MMS or GIFs are not displayed on Ionic, only the notification for when you receive one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit (apologies I know you copied&pasted some marketing blurbs)

to be totally honest "what matters most" on a lot of family text messages is a picture without any text, one or two emojis, or a couple words along with an emoji. So in all those cases I have to pull out my phone to figure out what I've been sent? 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@bbarrera MMS images will not display on Ionic, but common emojis do appear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit thanks for clarifying, good to hear that common emojis are supported 🙂

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

So disappointed I have preordered and now I'm like why ?? Apple has had this technology for a while ..why can't fit bit????

Best Answer

I agree that images would be helpful. I just switched from Samsung Gear S2 to Fitbit and this is the feature I miss the most. I have a lot of friends that send Bitmojis instead of words and I have to pick up my phone every time I want to see what they're saying. Gear S2 would display them right on my watch. 
How can we request this as an enhancement?

Best Answer

This is technically possible on Android, but it is not implemented. Please vote for this feature🙏

Best Answer

If you have nothing relevant to say, please abstain from uselessness.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Message was in reply to @ErickFitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes