Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map App blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have downloaded the Map App from Google unto my Fitbit a while ago. However, whenever I try to open the app on my ionic it never shows me a map. I can see the zoom in/ out and location finder signs and can even click on them but I don't see anything.

I hope someone can help me out. I'm going on a holiday in a short while and the map app might be quite useful.20180220_071945.jpg

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

there are 2 map apps the one you are using dosent work the other is slow but it works.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Which mobile device/operating system are you using? This will assist those trying to help troubleshoot.

Without knowing your setup, have you tried the obvious things like restarting your phones Bluetooth? Also try restarting the Ionic by pressing and holding the left button and bottom right button together for around 10secs. Ensure your phone has location services switched on and has an active data connection. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using a galaxy s7. 

I don't even have a settings page for the map app. It's blank .

Best Answer
0 Votes

@N8teGee I'm using Samsung Galaxy S7. 

I have already tried restarting my phones Bluetooth a couple of times; same with my Ionic. It doesn't help.

I have turned on my phone's location as well as my data connection but my map is still blank. 

Is there anything else I can try to ensure the map app is running properly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That app almost never works. I have got it to work I think once. Now, every time I open it, I only see the map of the surroundings of my work (where it worked) but nothing else.

I tried to use it again, connected to wifi, on my home, to no avail. And there is no way to contact the developer for assistance (that I know).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just downloaded this to see what might be the problem and have the following observations:

1. There were several settings that needed sorting first, namely, which mapping service, the refresh interval, image quality and whether to use the Ionic’s GPS, to name a few

2. Noting that, the app is obviously very reliant upon data, so you’ll need to be connected to your phone and have internet connection.

3. You need to ensure the app has the appropriate permissions granted (internet and location)

4. Map data by Bluetooth is slow 🙂

However, that said, I did get it to work and it showed my location. I was able to zoom in and see a good map. But moving the map around meant a screen refresh, and that is slow.

I can see little benefit of using this over my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not even getting a settings page.  It's blank. Pretty sure that's part of the problem.All my phone settings are on. The app just doesn't work. Which upsets me because they advertised this as a feature. 

Sent on my Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Possibly wasn’t installed properly. Try removing the app and then reinstalling it. You should definitely be able to see the settings 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I report this app every day..

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's like asking if it's turned on.I've reinstalled several times If it was that  easy I wouldn't have posted having an issue...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not at all. If you provide limited information we have to start with the basics 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey,

I'm having the same problem with my ionic watch and google pixel phone. I installed the map app a month ago, the settings page got blank (white) almost immediately and the map on the watch is white but you can see some cursors. First I tried to just reinstall, I did this many times at several occations. Nothing changed. 

Today I found out that if you uninstall the map app, make sure it's gone from the watch and then shut down and restart the watch, you will get the initial settings page back as you reinstall the map app. HOWEVER, the settings page goes blank if you 

- directly open the map app in your watch

- press "use watch GPS"

- press "Hybrid GPS" in the mapping service settings

- and probably if you try to set any other setting (it seems fine to just open and close the menus but as soon as you pick any setting it will blank out.

IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

Best Answer
0 Votes

there are 2 map apps the one you are using dosent work the other is slow but it works.

Best Answer

Same issue with mimy Galaxy S7... annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This helped. I did not know about the second app.

Best Answer
0 Votes