Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Transfer Taking too Long on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any solution to speed up syncing?  33% done after 90 minutes. Can you stop a sync and then resume?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

“Any solution to speed up syncing?”

Not that I have found.  Takes me about 3 hrs to load 2.3 GB.  Super slow vs 5-10 min with data cable or drag and drop with Apple or Android.

“Can you stop a sync and then resume?”

Not really is advisable.  Have changed playlists during a sync.  Had my Ionic battery drain to 18% and stop a sync.  In both cases playlists errors appeared in songs at the end.  So best to just let it go transfer until the end.

One time sync stopped and all existing music on the Ionic was deleted.  That was rude.  So there you go.  You take your chances.

“33% done after 90 minutes” is transferring even at a slower pace than my transfers.  That is super super slow.  So feel your pain.  Positive is that the music does load.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Timbrada Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the experience you are currently having when transferring music to your watch. 

In this case, the best thing you can so is checking out this post, here. There you will find troubleshooting tips, FAQ's, and a list of requirements needed to transfer music to your Ionic. 

You can also take a look at this helpful article to check some troubleshooting steps if you keep experiencing trouble with this. This should definitely help you out with this. You can tap Transfer Music if you need to reconnect the syncing and continue to choose playlists. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

“Any solution to speed up syncing?”

Not that I have found.  Takes me about 3 hrs to load 2.3 GB.  Super slow vs 5-10 min with data cable or drag and drop with Apple or Android.

“Can you stop a sync and then resume?”

Not really is advisable.  Have changed playlists during a sync.  Had my Ionic battery drain to 18% and stop a sync.  In both cases playlists errors appeared in songs at the end.  So best to just let it go transfer until the end.

One time sync stopped and all existing music on the Ionic was deleted.  That was rude.  So there you go.  You take your chances.

“33% done after 90 minutes” is transferring even at a slower pace than my transfers.  That is super super slow.  So feel your pain.  Positive is that the music does load.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Whistler888 I hope you're doing well! Thank you very much for jumping into this thread to share your experience. It's very helpful, I'm sure other users will benefit from this.

Your reply was marked as an accepted solution so other users may find it quicker. Thanks again for your contribution!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Whistler888 I hope you're doing well! Thank you very much for jumping into this thread to share your experience. It's very helpful, I'm sure other users will benefit from this.

Your reply was marked as an accepted solution so other users may find it quicker. Thanks again for your contribution!”

Thanks Santi.  Am doing well.  The key is to -> “Always wait for the WIFI sync to initialize on its own btwn the Ionic and Mac”.  It can take up 20 min or more in my experience.  That may be why so many users say they cannot transfer music to their Ionic.  It takes too long for them to wait.

In another thread I posted in -> a user thought it was NOT possible to transfer from a Mac to Versa but concluded in the end it was indeed possible.  So that was very positive.  The user seemed pretty happy and gave insights on how it was accomplished.

Basically if you get impatient and stop the initiation process -> you will have to wait all over again.  That is the KEY takeaway.  The Fitbit protocol takes a very long time to initialize.  So just let the spinning ball spin away until it decides it is time to transfer over your WIFI.  If you get impatient and stop -> no music will ever transfer into the Ionic.  Unfortunately have read some users have never been able to transfer ANY music to their Ionic.  This is very unfortunate.

Provided you have good WIFI and -> “Wait until the Ionic initiates the transfer from the Mac” you should be good.  Once the purple bar starts loading you WILL eventually get music into your Ionic.  Can see missing this one step will cause many very frustrated Fitbit users to not ever be able to get music on their devices.  So yes smart move to help other users find this solution quicker by marking as an accepted solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Whistler888 Thanks for your reply and for sharing all of that information. I mean, this is great! Your help and support is really amazing and all the tips and workarounds you have provided are correct.

I'm sure this will be very helpful for other users as well. I do agree that patience is a key point when doing this type of process. Thanks for spreading your experience all over the Ionic threads to help other users, it is very needed.

Thanks again for your contributions. See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Whistler888 Thanks for your reply and for sharing all of that information. I mean, this is great! Your help and support is really amazing and all the tips and workarounds you have provided are correct.”

Thanks Santi.

Just helping out where I can and passing it on.  Many have helped me out in the past.  So time for a bit of payback.  Cheers.

Best Answer

@Whistler888 Thanks for your reply! I really like the way you think and see these things. It's great to have users giving back a bit of the help received on these forums. Thanks for your willingness to help.

Also, have you checked the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device, this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

For everyone who still wants to know the answer for this question: if you send more playlists to the watch is much longer than if you send them one by one.

Best Answer
0 Votes