Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ionic GPS is not working properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have Ionic and I love using it for running. 

GPS was working fine with very accurate GPS map and GPS Pace calculator.

Lately GPS is connecting and disconnecting randomly when I run with inaccurate running pace.

I tried resetting and turning it on and off but didn’t work.

I would appreciate prompt solution to this problem so I can enjoy accurate  running information.

Thanks in Advance.  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Did more extensive research and tried several online suggestions from outside Fitbit community. 

After trying several methods for solving this issue, one method worked for my device. 

I tried suggested online method to go outside in the open and trying to connect to any activity with GPS option and leave the device trying to connect for 15 minutes.

My device took around 12 minutes to connect, the connection was still weak “connects and disconnects”. But around the 15th minutes the connection was strong and consistent. 

After running this morning and checking, the readings and map route looks very accurate.

Im no expert, but it might has something to do with new updates or restarts or resetting. 

Thanks for your efforts and sorry for any inconvenience. 

Peace

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@WildCatRunner Welcome to our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the GPS tracking issue that your Fitbit Ionic has experienced. By the way, thank you for trying to get it resolved before contacting our forums.

Please check out this help article, which explains how the GPS feature works on your Fitbit device and it also contains some troubleshooting steps. The article may contain steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest.

Finally, monitor your Ionic and see if it tracks GPS data properly.

Hope this helps.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your answer and effort in trying to help solve the problem.

Unfortunately non of the mentioned solutions applied to my case.

My built in GPS was used in the same routes that I ran and used to be working fine, but now not anymore.

I tried using my Fitbit app GPS at the same time Im using my Ionic GPS. It worked for The App but not for my Ionic.

Thank you again for your effort. 

Best Answer

@WildCatRunner Thank you for getting back and trying the recommended steps. Since the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected and our Support team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did more extensive research and tried several online suggestions from outside Fitbit community. 

After trying several methods for solving this issue, one method worked for my device. 

I tried suggested online method to go outside in the open and trying to connect to any activity with GPS option and leave the device trying to connect for 15 minutes.

My device took around 12 minutes to connect, the connection was still weak “connects and disconnects”. But around the 15th minutes the connection was strong and consistent. 

After running this morning and checking, the readings and map route looks very accurate.

Im no expert, but it might has something to do with new updates or restarts or resetting. 

Thanks for your efforts and sorry for any inconvenience. 

Peace

Best Answer

@WildCatRunner Thank you for the update and sharing your insights in regards the issue that your Ionic experienced with the GPS feature. I'm glad to hear that the data seems to be accurate now. However, in case you see that the issue persists, please contact our Support team via chat or phone and they'll be happy to follow up.

See you later.

Best Answer

I had intermittent GPS and more importantly, the IONIC stopped mapping runs. Ionic watch straps do not last long - so I got a third party band (specifically a metal dress band). This was when the problem started.

I then order the traditional plastic strap and put that on. Again everything worked fine. 

I suspect that if your watch stopped tracking and you swapped your band recently - take your band off put the watch face in your pocket and go for a run. Then go out and buy a different strap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. Already resolved the problem. 

I tried suggested online method to go outside in the open and trying to connect to any activity with GPS option and leave the device trying to connect for 15 minutes and it worked. 

I will keep in mind the band situation in case the problem arises again.

My best regards 🙏

Best Answer
0 Votes