Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ionic doesn't sync or receive notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi folks,

Grumpy owner of a fitbit ionic here, Issues coming out my ears with it. Bemused that a company released an item at over £300 in the UK with this many SIMPLE BASIC FAULTS.

Own a charge 2 which syncs fine with the same device so its not the phone. Using a Samsung S8+.

Intermitting syncing:-

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3ASyncing&fs=Search&pn=1#a...

Followed all recommendations above, the watch sync's on the first attempt after uninstalling the app and reinstalling but then doesn't work again after that.

Not recieving any notifcations including the test notification. this worked for the first few days but suddenly stopped. Tried all here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1610 Without success.

What else can I do to resolve this issues? or do I just return the item?!

EDIT: forgot to add:

When attempting to setup Wi-fi the "Wi-Fi settings" screen just doesn't load.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @PerthSeany!

I totally understand your frustration to this matter and the hard time that this might caused you. In order to further assist you I've created a case on your behalf, soon you'll be receiving an email with the next steps. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Forums @PerthSeany!

I totally understand your frustration to this matter and the hard time that this might caused you. In order to further assist you I've created a case on your behalf, soon you'll be receiving an email with the next steps. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what is the solution? It says solved. I do not receive any notifications at all. Had a charge 2 thst worked great. Using Samsung S8+, used it with the charge 2 as well. This is very frustrating. This is my 3rd fitbit and most expensive and works the worst! Please fix

Best Answer

My charge 2 wasn’t a problem either and now I have a New Ionic I can not receive notifications from my phone, and my Fitbit app says it can’t pair with my phone, yet it does sync . So frustrating ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need this same solution as well please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea, "solved" c'mon guys, it's not difficult to admit you haven't fixed the notification part  out pf the box...

If you admit and ask for some patience, it'll be better accepted than these "solved" topics you're serving to us...

When I've received my ionic, first days notifications didn't come at all, and at some point, without any update, notifications start pouring in, but with any order...

Calls buzzing was late (even minutes late , after the call was long ago ended), most of the apps I didn't get at all (although they were neatly ticked in the settings). And, now only reliable and regular notifications I am getting is  moving (step) alert each hour from the platform itself.

I like the watch looks, and took it mostly due to advanced sleep tracking, but notifications are second on my importance list, so if they don't solve it soon, it's going back...

Tried so far couple of Garmins, Polars, TomToms, Samsungs, and this is my second Fitbit (after short time with Blaze). So, it really is no issue for me to go back the other manufacturer, especially as Polar and Garmin (even discontinued TomTom) proved to be reliable...

Ionic, Huawei P smart
Best Answer
0 Votes

Had mine for a month,no problems getting text what's app etc notification,but last few days they have stopped and I can't get them working again ,unpaired device removed and restarted settings and nothing 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer
0 Votes