Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My apps do not recognize my IONIC anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After 3 weeks without any problems it seems like my phone app as well as my computer do not recognize my IONIC anymore. It is fully charged but none of the apps will sync anymore.

I tried to reboot my phone, changed wireless and Bluetooth and even deleted the IONIC in order to re-install in the hopes it would work again.

No I cannot even re-install anymore, it states that the device is not found?

Anyone else have this problem?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

There is at least one other, nearly identical string on this right now, with no suggestions on fixes from Fitbit. This is like mine...two months of goo operation, then continual problems where Ionic isn't communicating. I have spent hours in the last two days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything I could think off even deleting the IONIC completely so that I could re-install it. But now neither my computer nor my phone app recognize any device anymore.....what good is this $300 device if it is not working?

Just got it for Christmas and already it is making problems and useless as of right now

Best Answer

Factory reset won’t complete. Have a flashing icon that won’t stop. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I'm having the same problem.  I can't get to sync with my laptop, phone or ipad.  Did a factory reset, nothing.  I have deleted the apps and reinstalled, nothing.  Now I have an ionic which is  powered up but stuck on the setup screen.  I am thinking of taking it back to the shop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, there is a problem with the Bluetooth and wireless connectivity in the Ionics.  Several people are having the same problems - some with new Ionic and some with the first release (like me, I got mine in October and it just started having these issues this month).

If factory resets aren't working, contact Fitbit support.  They will make you go through a factory reset with them one more time.  If that still fails - return it.  I wouldn't suggest replacing it yet.  I had to get a replacement first because of my warranty.  It's due in on Tuesday, so if it doesn't have this problem, fine - but if it does - no go on Fitbit.  I'll post an update when I get my replacement to let you know if it has the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit says I am the only one having this problem and they will get back to
me. It has been three days. Fitbit, do you read these at all?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and it's only two months old and it won't recognize my husbands iconic to upgrade nor can he change faces till it will recognize his device. It should not have this many bugs and yes over $300 for this device and all these issues. I love what it does versus an apple watch but I never have issues with my apple watch. It simply works. So frustrated and I put so many hours in trying to figure out a solution. My time is precious and it makes you want to just give up!

Best Answer

With some help from Fitbit via live texting I was able to get it back up running a while back and was quite happy even though it took forever on the computer.

Unfortunately it didn't last long and it keeps doing the same over and over again, won't sync, won't recognize my IONIC at all and I have to redo all the steps over and over again about every week. It is getting really frustrating now since this is a pretty expensive tool and should not have these bugs.

I also have been told that I am the only one having these problems, but obviously that is not the case....

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh, absolutely not the case an I would feel better if they admitted the issues and tried to fix them. I would think twice getting another because of these issues but it could be an awesome watch if it worked!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry this is happening. I closed out the post a couple of months ago
after Fitbit gave up on mine and didn't offer a solution.

Instead, I went back to the place I bought it, Best Buy. Although I had not
purchased a warranty from them, they replaced mine with a new Ionic in the
interest of customer satisfaction. They claimed many others were
experiencing my problem and that some of the Ionics are just defective.

The new one has quite a few miles under its belt and is fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I took mine back to the shop and exchanged it for a new one which is working fine. Fingers crossed!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes