Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my fourth Ionic, since Christmas 2018, died.  Until yesterday, Fitbit Support has been pretty great and has gotten a new watch out to me free of charge and pretty quickly.  In February when my last one was replaced, I was told that they would replace the Ionic for no charge.  When I advised it was my fourth watch and what other options were there, I was told I could get a Versa for 50% off or $99.08.  However, I stuck with the Ionic.  As this last watch lasted less than 3 months, you can imagine I am pretty unhappy.  My chat with Support last evening was less than satisfactory and now I am out of the scope of the warranty and I wasn't in February???  By the way, no replacement offered and no 50% off the Versa this time.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

This morning, after my swim, I could not end the workout.  After holding all the buttons for a bit, the watch reverted to main screen.  Several hours later, screen went to all vertical lines that move downward.  This is my 4th Ionic!  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Nicklolo, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to try our restart process following the next steps:

1. For Fitbit Ionic, press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. 
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If you still have issues with your device, turn it off and turn it back on. For more information, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device? 

Let me know if the issue persists and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Nicklolo, welcome to the Community Forums! 

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device, I understand your situation and how frustrating this matter can be for you. I'd like to let you know that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that's shared here in the Community Forums is always appreciated and really helpful for us to evaluate our procedures and make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need.

Since you already received assistance from our Customer Support team, I suggest you to contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. Also, for a better understanding of the information they provided to you, please check our warranty policies here

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've already done this and these replies are just lip service.  I've a loyal Fitbit person for many years but now I am done.  No more Ionic, not trying the Versa and am done with your trackers.  Bye, bye!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is just lip service. I am finished with Fitbit and their products. I will not advise anyone buy one.
Best Answer