Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ionic will not show my messages using Verizon's message+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use the message+ app which is the Verizon messenger app, I've always used it and since an update I haven't been able to see my text messages unless I use the Samsung message app. This was with my blaze and now my ionic. I prefer this messenger than the other, please tell me I don't have to switch messenger app. Also, I have the message + app as my default app on the fitbit but never get my txt messages thru it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Before you go any further, check for an app update. I just got one this morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @javrilf418! My friend @SunsetRunner is right, a new update for the Fitbit Android app has been rolling out, but it hasn't been released for all users yet. So, please check if yours has a pending update.

Once you have done that, set the notifications once again.

However, if your tracker is still not receiving Notifications after trying those steps, please try the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app 
  3. Tap on Account > Ionic > Notifications
  4. When a pop-up with a "Bluetooth Pairing Required" message, tap on Set Up and continue.
  5. A new "Bluetooth Pairing Request" will appear, tap on Pair to continue
  6. Once in the Notifications menu, enable the ones you'd like to receive. 
  7. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the "Preview Message" is enabled:

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep us posted in case you need anything else. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes