Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needs charging daily

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic needs to be charged everyday and it is no longer syncing . Is there a update to do or something. My ionic is 8 months old 

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I too have been having the same issue of my battery life only lasting a day at best.  I have tried EVERY suggestion from all the other forums with no improvement.  All the firmware is up to date, I've done the full resets, change clock faces, adjusted syncing preferences, all of it- and no improvement.  I have only have my ionic for about 9 months and up until just the last couple weeks, my Ionic would last 3-4 days, and that was with heavy use!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t know what to do next . It was fully charged yesterday morning and it went dead flat over night 

Shelley 
Best Answer
Same here; charging mine now...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Really not good enough for a $500 watch that’s not even a year old 

Shelley 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Both of you folks need to contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Ionic used, fully charged it Monday morning 100%. It's Wednesday night and I'm at 45%. I have slept in it each night,  have Heat rate turned on and have went on 2 walks which used GPS. I even have wifi turned on (not sure you can turn it off). 

I do not use the Ionic to listen to music from the watch or watch coaching on it, so that my help save battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have contacted customer support and they have advised me to factory reset my watch and then reinstall I’m doing this now and will post an outcome tomorrow 

Shelley 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I have the same problem, I got mine in November and it is now barely lasting a day. I am currently doing a factory reset but if this doesn't work I will be contacting support tomorrow.

For something so expensive it should last longer. My old surge did a similar thing but I did not mind charging it every day because it only took 20 mins to full charge from low battery each day. Now with the ionic taking up to two hours to fully charge I find that it hits low battery several times a day because I am not still enough to charge it for that long.

I do not have any flashy apps or watch faces and I have gps off most of the days as I only run a couple of times a week so it is not that.

I hope you all get yours sorted?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No
It didn’t sort it it made it worse 

Shelley 
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has suddenly started happening to mine (8 months old).  Charging is now a daily thing, useage is the same and I previously charged twice a week

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I ended up getting a replacement watch sent to me .

Shelley 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact fitbit, they will give you some tests to do, then they will send you a replacement watch free 🙂 really great service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes