Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Iconic Update Dec 2019 what a disaster on may levels

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am so gutted that fit bit has changed the face of the exercise tracking image on the Iconic watch.  It is now hard to read and takes away one of the best features of the watch. I have no idea why they had the need to change it. It makes no sense and has devalued the watch BIG TIME.  I have been using this watch for 5 years now and can't comprehend why they did this.. Unless this goes back to the pictures I will not be recommended this watch to anyone (I am now embarrassed that I have recommend this to many people who have bought it and now look at whats happened and they have come back at me disappointed this has happened)  and I will stop using it and find another watch brand to use.  FitBit if you read this please put back what wasn't broken in the 1st place and listen to you users and not your IT gurus who decided it was time to make it look bad and harder for us to use. (DO THEY EVEN USE IT) 😡 😡  

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I'm confused @Trickyazzo you say the whole update is a disaster, but only point out one little chang in the icon, oppose to a picture that affects on very small aspect of the changes with the update.

My guess is because Fitbit added the ability to store multiple watch faces and instead of only have 5 exercises the tracker now stores 20 exercises. Since the pictures take up a lot of space.. I don't think Fitbit wanted to reserve enough memory for 20 pictures. 

BTW you created your account 4 years ago. This was right after the Surge was released. The ionic was released October 2017, just a little I've 2 years ago.. 

Best Answer

It is interesting how such design changes can be so polarising.

I liked the visual aesthetic of the images, but from a usability point of view find that being able to see my first two favourites at once and then three at a time after that to quickly scroll and start to be an improvement. 

However, not being able to start the exercise with a button once selected does seem to be usability backwards step.

Best Answer
I agree with u on the second point not the 1st one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry my mistake 4 years if u say so. As for 20 pictures I have no idea what your talking about. I only wanted 6 as it was and who cares for different watch faces. You can pick one and stick with it or change it. You don’t have to keep changing it. Makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It might not make sense to some, but there was a huge number of users demanding both features to be added. 

Best Answer
0 Votes