Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ionic Curious question before it arrives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greets all,

Since Fitbit is sending me a replacement Ionic, guess to keep me quiet. I do have a pondering question before it gets here. I truly don't know the answer and I was curious IF anyone has tried this or knows the answer before it arrives.

My plan is to try and setup this ionic to the phone app WITHOUT it getting updated (IF its not updated already). Since this firmware is messing up Ionic's, the CS told me that if this happens to this new ionic then there is nothing they can do, which is fine, but I am trying to see if I can set up the watch with the app initially without it being forced to update.

My plan is to shutdown my Data on my phone and disable my WiFi so that Bluetooth will still work and pair the watch and set up everything without being forced to check for an update and download it. My thought is if I can get it set up to the phone and paired, then AFTER I can turn up the WiFi and data and not have it updated to the new firmware provided it comes with the old working firmware, and at that point I would think it will just inform me of the update and not actually update without my permission. This way I can have a working watch while FitBit sorts out the firmware issue.

Any help would be great.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Yes you can setup the ionic and refuse the firmware. 

Your tracker will still count steps and sync to your Fitbit account. However your display will say http://www.fitbit.com/setup 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue The reason why I asked this question is due to the fact that when I have had to factory reset the watch since the firmware issue after the wifi srtup is complete it doesnt ask or give you the choice to refuse, which is why I am looking to keep it offline during the setup process to complete. and your link sent me to a website saying "Sorry, that page is following a different trail."

, unless that is what you were trying to show.

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://www.fitbit.com/setup   try that @AngelDeath  it worked for me.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

That brings me to the download page for the app as seen below. Mind you I am clicking this from a computer.Pic.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngelDeath you use the Fitbit app to setup the tracker. Your tracker will be setup to your account before your requested to download firmware. 

The tracker comes with the ability to count steps and sync to your account without installing firmware. 

However their will be nothing displayed on the tracker but the setup message until the firmware is installed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes