Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive device after factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I noticed that my Fitbit wasn’t working properly when it didn’t record my sleep accurately. I manually updated my sleep time and then notice that it was counting my steps as if I was moving when I was actually sat on the sofa and not even moving my arm. I tried to update the app via WiFi and Bluetooth but that did not work. I then turned my Fitbit off and on again but still it was counting my steps without moving. So then I removed my Fitbit from my app and carried out a factory reset and now it won’t even turn on at all and I’ve got a black screen. It won’t charge, it won’t turn on and I cannot re-add it to my app

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Loulabelle8419, welcome to the Community Forums! It's a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your device prior to posting. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup.  Tracking steps without placement on human. It’s sitting still, no vibration. Factory reset.  Updated.  Not working still.  Synced back to I phone now it’s tracking steps without movement again. Do I need a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed that the clock was not displaying on the main screen, so I tried to reboot the device: used the shutdown in Settings, and then tried to turn the Ionic on again. But it's dead - won't start. What now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found that I needed to hold in all three buttons to get the Ionic to power on again. This latest firmware obviously has problems and seems to have changed the power on behaviour as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo I can confirm that there are no green lights on the back. I checked the link and have done all I can to try and get it working again but it’s completely had it

Best Answer
0 Votes