Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New apps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys! Any word on when some new apps will be available for the Ionic? I understand it's open code, so apps will be coming from folks outside of Fitbit. Anyone seen anything new?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi

It's unknown which awesome features fitbit is working on behind the scenes until it becomes available. Normally it's not being shared before release what becomes available next.

Best to check the fitbit app once in a while to see if anything new is added.

Announcements are made on the fitbit forums in the relevant section. For example if a update becomes available for the ionic, it's posted in the ionic section.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is really taking a long time before any new apps appear. Going too slow in that department.

The following apps are a necessity to me to go into a long time relationship with my Ionic (now it is more feeling like a flirt that will not last long time):

- Podcast app!

The present way to sync music/podcasts is burdensome. Even more, the app on the ionic does not remember where you left with listening to a podcast and starts all over again :-(. Also I had crash issues when using the exercise app (running) and music playing together.

- Music app of Apple

- Spoken feedback on your running (so when I use the Fitbit Flyer - yes I have also bought this one - I do not have to look on my watch. I would also like to know the km/h I'm running.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Regarding the Music app from Apple you should ask Apple. No other developer (or the same Fitbit) can access to the music stored in Apple servers

Best Answer

I'd appreciate a Spotify app! And smarter navigation between screens -- why can I swipe left to open a screen but have to hit the button to go back (rather than being able to swipe right)?

Best Answer

+1 for Spotify!

Deezer? Pandora? Yes, please,make me pay for yet another service!

According to the Internetz: Deezer: 9 million users. Spotify: 70 millions. 

So sure, this makes sense...

Best Answer