Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not compatible with Huawei P Smart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Disgusted that my ionic which I paid 300 for isn't compatible with my huawei p smart phone so now I might as well not have paid that as can't receive messages or pay with the bank app as that's not compatible either this needs sorting out asap 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Shellyxwalkerx! The developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. There are some users who can synchronize with non-compatible devices. If your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat), you can try the tips on the following help article: Synchronization troubleshoot or set up troubleshoot.

Note that if the tracker gets to sync, we don't guarantee that the functionality will be optimum as we are still testing on this phone model.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a Windows 10/Mac computer with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 running the Fitbit Software. Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

But... if you want, we can try some steps that have worked for my sister. She owns a Huawei which is not yet a supported device, but she has tried the following (which I think won't hurt if you try that as well) and she made it:

1. Your phone must not be set to "visible for other devices"
2. Your phone must not be "searching for other devices"

If either of these two things are active, the Fitbit cannot connect.

In other words, you have to set it to invisible, and you have to click the stop button if it is searching for devices. So, Bluetooth should be on, but not doing anything at all in the Bluetooth menu. Then force quit the Fitbit app and it'll sync. At least it has done with my sister's phone for over a month or so. Give this a shot, I'm crossing my fingers. Woman Very Happy

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to assist you with! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fitbit ionic will not be connected with the Huawei P Smart.

Please fix it!

Best Answer

Is the problem solved ?

I have also the same problem.

Best Answer

No I contacted Fitbit who were not helpful and just said  I would need to use another phone to sync I'm not happy at all in fact it's disgusting what they charge and there not up there on compatibility 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new versa is the same will not sink with this either waist.of money won't ever but Fitbit.again

Best Answer

I have tried this but it doesn't work.for.my.p smart phone.

It will pair but that is all I will not run

Best Answer
I have a new phone now.The samsung galaxy s8 .It's works very well now.

Met vriendelijke groet, André Groeneveld. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree that this product should be compatible with one of the top cellphone models in the market. It is not fair that we are missing (more than) half of the functionality because Fitbit is not willing to release a dedicated firmware for this cellphone model -  Huawei Smart P - not to speak about other models.

Please fix this ASAP.

Best Answer
I sent my fitbit versa back for a full refund so I am sorry but it does not concern me any more but I wish you good luck as Fitbit customer services were very good to me and I will never use them again kind regards Lyn Metcalf
Best Answer

what model  is ur hauwei P smarphone is ? it works fine with my p20 pro .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please can we have an update this this. I have a Huawei P Smart and just bought the Versa. Should I return the Versa for a full refund or can Fitbit confirm there is going to be an update released to accommodate for Huawei? 

Best Answer

So after all this fuzz with Xiaomi phones not being able to support notifications on Ionic, I've moved from Xiaomi to Huawei P smart only to realize that now the issue is inconsistent syncing...I mean, I really like the device, but this is way out of good business practice...I am pretty sure this is my last Fitbit device for quite long period...

Anyhow, until I change it, let's hope this one will be fixed... So I'm experiencing issues with syncing that after some period it just stops, and after some time it starts again..I see no rules in it currently, but at least, it doesn't fully stops. Of course I tried removing and adding again, and hard reset and all these things.... Also, I see moderator is proposing setting BT to non visible to others, but P smart although having 4.2 LE BT, Is not having this option...

I'll keep you updated if I find out 

something else...

Ionic, Huawei P smart
Best Answer

So, I found out that if sync has stopped working, and/or app is showing Bluetooth issues asking for BT restart, you need to go to Bluetooth menu, tap on Ionic in the list, and unpair it. Then go back to app and try to sync it... This will enable sync, for some time again, but unfortunately, sync will stop again very soon...

Ionic, Huawei P smart
Best Answer

also disgusted

returning the fitbit versa i bought today,  wave another £200 goodbye, FitBit !!

away to buy a brand that actually gives a toss

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. Your phone must not be set to "visible for other devices"
2. Your phone must not be "searching for other devices"

How do I make my phone invisible for other devices while bluetooth is turned on? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

From other posts I have seen it seems like fitbit doesn't seem to give a **ahem** and keep referring to the "compatible phones list" - what a cop out! Some of these posts are over a year old and still nothing has changed! I'm returning mine tomorrow. No wonder fitbit share prices have fallen!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not an acceptable workaround Fitbit needs to up its game and get this sorted quickly

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently got the Fitbit ionic from Argos Keighley and was told it would be compatible withy Huawei p phone, I had told the salesman/manager I only wanted a watch that notified me when I received a message or phone call or notifications ,that I didn't want it for exercises as I am in a mobility scooter, and he said it would do all that for me,I downloaded the app and did everything in the instructions but no joy ,I took it back to Argos and was told I could not have a refund so I am stuck with a watch that is not compatible with my phone, I have had the watch for two days now surely I should have some consumer rights

Best Answer
0 Votes