Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not counting any steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I wasted an entire day on the Ionic.  I got up very early to see if I could buy one online and pick up at a local store.  I found one at a Target about 25 miles away.  Drove there to get it, and couldn't wait to get it out of the box!  When I did, I found that it required an update that took a very long time.  OK... I'll do that.  Did the update, did the sync.  Everything looked great.  Except is wasn't registering any steps at all, or measuring my heart rate.  There were no glowing lights on the back like on my Charge2.   Did a complete factory reset, and started the process over again.  Got back to where everything was before, so I thought maybe I should just wear it and see how it goes.  Wore it all day, but no steps registered at all.   On the horn with tech support for about an hour, trying various fixes- none worked.  They said that it had to go to a higher level of support, and that they would contact me.  NOPE.  I boxed it all up, and took it back to my local Target (still about 12 miles away).  Because it was just purchased TODAY, they couldn't process the return.  It has to wait until tomorrow, or go back to the store I bought it from (*sigh).  Contemplated driving the (now 37) miles to that store, but it would probably be closed by the time I got there.  I feel so defeated.   I really liked to look of the Ionic, and wanted it to work.  I guess you should wait a while when a new product launches.  Did anyone else have one that didn't register steps or heart rate?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hate hear that.  So sorry 😐.  I ordered mine from fitbit and got it today.  It only took 20 minutes to set up and so far it’s working perfectly.  I haven’t tried the music setup...waiting for the flyer.  I hope they are able to work things out for you.

Best Answer

Unfortunately this sounds pretty bad. It seems that you got a defective device. It's a pity that there is no easy way for you to return it. Fitbit (possibly Target too) should give you a gift card or something for your trouble. I hope your next smartwatch treats you better.

Best Answer

Mail order saves a lot of driving!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I took my Ionic back to Target, and exchanged it for a new one.  This one works fine.  I love it!!  Very happy now.  

Best Answer

Great!! Enjoy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh this gives me hope. I just started the exchange process. Like you, I set it up, did the update and on a good day it would tell me I did 500 steps total. I was heartbroken as I sold my charge 2 for something I thought was better, imagine my anger. Now atleast I have hope the new one will work. Yours is one of the few happy outcomes I've seen  Happy walking!

Best Answer
0 Votes