Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not re-setting for the next day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The last 2 times I have charged my ionic over night it has not re-set for the next day so my steps have continued from the day before.

Should i be shutting the ionic down while charging it over night to avoid this happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

No you shouldn't need to shut down the Ionic. Your steps and stats should reset at midnight each day without user interaction.

Have you tried restarting your device? Press and hold the left button and bottom right button together for 15 secs (until you see the fitbit logo), then release both of them. Sometimes this helps with these types of issues. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I've just tried that but it' still showing all my info from yesterday as today's stats.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is strange, haven't seen this issue before.

Ok, my next suggestion would be to go to the fitbit app and remove your Ionic from your account, once you've done that go into your phones Bluetooth settings and unpair the Ionic. Then go back into the app and click setup new device and re add the Ionic. If you follow these steps you shouldn't lose any data etc. That's the only thing I can think of trying before doing a full factory reset, which would be the last resort.

Obviously if neither of these suggestions fix the issue, your next stop would be Fitbit support as your device would seem to be defective. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @HollyDoodle, your Fitbit will not reset its steps to zero if, for some reason, it does not detect midnight.  Usually this is caused by changing time zones (where your clock "jumps over" midnight).  However, occasionally it can happen for other reasons.

Unfortunately, once this happens there is no fix for it other than to wait for the next midnight for the Fitbit to reset steps to zero.  You are stuck with the additonal steps for the. day, and restarting, resetting, etc will not eliminate them.  Even a factory reset of the Ionic won't work if your steps have already synced to your dashboard (but it will work if you haven't yet synced, although it is a pretty drastic step...)

There have been a number of reports of the Blaze occasionally not resetting when turned off at night, so something like this may have happened to you...  If it were me, I would avoid either charging it or having it turned off around midnight, just to be sure, although it should be fine to do either... and yours may have failed to reset for some unknown reason...

Many people find that a brief charge of 10-15 minutes a day (for example when you are showering) is enough to keep their Fitbit topped up with charge.  Little and often is actually ideal for prolonging battery life for modern lithium batteries of the sort Fitbits use.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turns out my ionic was re-setting but it was also giving me extra steps while it was sitting on charge. Been in touch with fitbit support and they a replacing it 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steps whilst charging seems to be quite a common complaint, one I've also experienced myself on a couple of occasions.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Steps-while-charging/m-p/2219303#M4207

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes