Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 3 and 5t

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

so i need a straight answer to know if the Fitbit Blaze and Ionic work on either of the oneplus 3t and oneplus 5t? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had the ionic for about a month when I Brook my old phone. Sad times. Got a 5t as my new phone (yay) and could not get it to connect. Have since done a reset on the watch and reinstalled the app.  so far it seems to be working. Have to now put some music back on to watch. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

@Yaas, the only OnePlus device on the Fitbit Compatible Devices list is the OnePlue One.  So the OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 5T may work for some functions but not others - there is no promise that all functions will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry thanks for your reply.. 

so in your opinion would you suggest i get it or leave it as i dont want something that may not work at its best and not enjoy it to the fullest 

Best Answer

Hi Yaas,

I own a Oneplus 5 and I haven't had any trouble to makr the Ionic work. Everything works fine (synchronization, notifications and everything else). I know it's not the 5T but I think there is not difference in the software and bluetooth specs, so I guess it must work exactly the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using the 3T and found no problems at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Syncs ok but can't get notifications on Charge 2 and OnePlus5

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very disappointed with ionic for not supporting oneplus 2

@Yaas wrote:

so in your opinion would you suggest i get it or leave it as i dont want something that may not work at its best and not enjoy it to the fullest 

@Yaas wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the ionic for about a month when I Brook my old phone. Sad times. Got a 5t as my new phone (yay) and could not get it to connect. Have since done a reset on the watch and reinstalled the app.  so far it seems to be working. Have to now put some music back on to watch. 

Best Answer

@Mxckwrote:

I am using the 3T and found no problems at all.

I have a 3T and nothing seems to work well (or at all). No alerts and the sync is iffy.

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

A word of caution , I have the essential phone and the ionic ,has worked fine for 2 months ,after the latest firmware update it will not sync,some iPhones ,Samsung etc having same issue.Its clear it the firmware that's caused issues ,but Fitbit are hiding behind your device is not supported excuse ,despite it working fine for 2 months .I could understand if it was out the ordinary,but it's a stick android phone running 7.1.2.up to date to date Bluetooth and WiFi radios etc.There is no reason for it not work other than the update breaking sync on some devices ( even supported devices) 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer

I own Oneplus 3T running Oreo 8.0.0. I used to have constant sync issues, but they were fixed by disabling battery optimisation for the Fitbit application.

You can find it in Settings --> Battery --> Battery optimisation. Then select the Fitbit application and make sure to select "Don't optimise". See attached screenshot below.

Worth a try and possibly this kind of battery optimisation could affect other phone model's data sync with Ionic as well...?

Screenshot_20180216-123253 (1).jpg

Best Answer

I have the OnePlus 3T, and it works perfectly with my ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a 5T and an having problems with sync reliability and notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to add a vote to support the OnePlus phones more fully. Neither my previous smartwatch nor my car have any trouble with notifications coming through even if my OnePlus 3T is set to do not disturb. In fact, the whole reason I entered into the smartwatch world, was so that I could in fact leave my phone in DND all the time. The Ionic will only receive notifications if my phone is set to ring or silent with the vibrate option enabled. The problem with those options is it defeats my desire to never have my phone vibrating on my nightstand in the middle of the night.

My Martian notifier and my car can still get notifications, why can't the Ionic?

Please fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not know how to explain this but even before the firmware update my connection reliability has been pretty good. I'm getting notifications most of the time and when I open the app I am seeing the "scheduled connect" message less frequently. Using a OnePlus 5T

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keanen, what is your slider set to.....thinking yours is silent with vibrate or ring? I want it to send notifications when it is set to do not disturb like my other smartwatch supported.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use all three. For some reason, I'm not bothered during sleep (when my slider is on DND). I wanted to test if it behaves differently between ring and vibrate but my notifications are not working at the moment, grr!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my testing the only way you can get notifications to work on DND setting on the OP slider is to set favorites or contacts to be allowed, or to actively set apps to override do not disturb. I would do all that, but it defeats my desire to have the phone completely silent (no ring, no vibrate)

My biggest complaint at the moment is actually more with OP than Fitbit, but my previous watch did not have this problem, so that is why I am asking Fitbit to try to fix it too.

As far as yours not working, make sure you did not accidentally turn them off on the watch. (swipe right on the Ionic to get to the notifications setting)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jonxbiiwrote:

I own Oneplus 3T running Oreo 8.0.0. I used to have constant sync issues, but they were fixed by disabling battery optimisation for the Fitbit application.

You can find it in Settings --> Battery --> Battery optimisation. Then select the Fitbit application and make sure to select "Don't optimise". See attached screenshot below.

Worth a try and possibly this kind of battery optimisation could affect other phone model's data sync with Ionic as well...?

Screenshot_20180216-123253 (1).jpg

Great tip!  I have had intermitted sync problems since I switched to my new OP 5T, while the 3T used to work flawlessly. I'm gonna give this tweak a try and see if it fixes the issue 🙂

EDIT: Well, so far this seems to have resolved the issue of the sync process stopping after a while. It's still running perfectly now and notifications come in immediately

-------------------------------------
OnePlus Nord. Used to have a Lumia 950DS, on feature2 builds
Fitbit Versa 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you found any work around?  OnePlus and Fitbit should hug this out already!

Best Answer
0 Votes