Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received "Overachiever" notification with 1.5 million steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few days ago, got an overachiever notification that I have achieved over 1.5 million beyond my daily goal which obviously was not true. 1,517,934 to be exact. At the time I was nine thousand plus steps on ionic and had not reached daily 10000 goal. Not sure how it happened. Got a screenshot as well from my phone.

Wonder if anyone can explain that to me

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @msyed, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @Icarus3000, I hope you're doing well. Thanks for all your help @Rich_Laue, it's always a pleasure to see you around helping members of the Community. 

@msyed, I appreciate you have come back and let me know the information provided by our Support Team, this will clarify the situation and will be very helpful for other members facing the same issue. 

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

It would be nice to post the screen shot. 

The today's screen will show the time the steps where logged. These can be deleted, but to remove the false badges you'll need to contact Fitbit .

How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Learn how to delete steps, floors, profile data, greetings, and weight logs.

As for an explanation. what was going on at the time these steps where recorded? 
After a sync did these steps get transferred to the tracker? 
Did you manually add an activity? 
These are some of the things I would check. 
Best Answer

Hi, pls see the screenshot below from my phone. I checked and was not able to see this anywhere in the Fitbit app though. I had come off a flight and saw this around 20 minutes later while I was walking to car park. Tracker itself was showing normal steps for the date which at the time were around 9500. No manual activity was added/deleted/edited.

Thanks

Fitbit.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking at the days screen will tell us when the steps where recorded. Then we will know the times needed to remove these steps. Where you doing anything different during this time period? 

Last time I Ihad crazy steps like this. The Fitbit mobile track was going crazy. Screenshot_20180723-103718_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

I had the same issue two years ago: Suddenly > 3 Million steps from one day to another. Adding a "drive" activity didn't help because there is simply no activity or time visible where these steps have been counted. They appear only the day summary but not in the diagram. The Fitbit support wasn't able to fix this (or maybe not able to understand the problem). 

The good thing is: Now the app stopped annoying me with these stupid awards because I reached all available step goals over night. 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the awards, i was working on getting the next 5 k award every week. When I got them all in one day it was very discouraging to the point I wanted to switch to a different Fitbit account .

It took many months to get the bad awards removed, and when they where. .I noticed I had hit 30K and was unable to celebrate .A real bummer, the whole situation made me lose interest in making sure I got my daily walks in and I haven't really recovered. 

Best Answer

That’s the thing, these overachiever steps are not recorded anywhere. All I got was this overachiever msg. Below is an hourly screenshot for the day but that looks normal.26E40827-C0E0-4491-85E0-140C71C91660.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was it the actual steps. What I got was just a notification out of nowhere

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your total steps for the day is only 10k. not a million, so it is confusing. 

If it was actual steps it should show, along with getting a bunch of badges. 

I don't know if contacting Fitbit would get your answer. Maybe send them a tweet with both screenshots .

Best Answer

Yes that's the real confusion here. It was just that one notification which i'm not sure why I received.

Will try to contact fitbit as suggested

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great!

was once in a competition on fitbit and one of the challengers got the infinity symbol next to her name- pretty impressive achievement!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Raised with Fitbit support earlier as advised. Below is the answer I got.

'Yes, it is expected since it is the total steps that you accumulated throughout the years. Since you're no longer receiving an in-app notification over your daily goal, it is expected to receive your overall steps.'

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @msyed, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @Icarus3000, I hope you're doing well. Thanks for all your help @Rich_Laue, it's always a pleasure to see you around helping members of the Community. 

@msyed, I appreciate you have come back and let me know the information provided by our Support Team, this will clarify the situation and will be very helpful for other members facing the same issue. 

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes