Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged battery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought my fitbit, i think 1 week or 2 weeks ago. And its great so far! I got no issues! But last night i left it charging on 40% battery and fell asleep. I think i put it on charge at 10 or 11pm and fell asleep. And i just woke up at 7 to remove it!!!!! 

Will it affect my fitbit’s battery life or does it have to be a habit in order for it to get ruined? And not just once?

what you guys think? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I wouldn't worry about it. I always charge my Fitbit's over night, never had an issue with battery performance.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @Beamar1995, I would not worry at all.  Modern devices like Fitbits have built in protections against overcharging.  As long as your battery does not get hot you should be fine.  More importantly is always to be sure that if you use a wall charger it is UL/ CE certified.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wouldn't worry about it. I always charge my Fitbit's over night, never had an issue with battery performance.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

nice to know! thanks ! I always fall asleep after plugging it in ahahaha a

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the same thing but my versa two Fitbit has not worked since then. I’ve tried the troubleshooting ideas without success. If anybody out there has a sure way of what to do, I’d appreciate your responses. Thank you. Tim

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @TimCain. Welcome to Community Forums. @Beamar1995, it's good to have you back.

Thanks for the help and support @Julia_G  and @N8teGee

I want to inform you that currently this specific device is under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

@TimCain I would suggest you address your questions and comments regarding the Fitbit Versa 2 in this board, where you can find answers for your device.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes