Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oxygen Saturation Monitor BS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I bought the new Charge 3 based partially on the advertisement that it has an oxygen saturation sensor.

After failing to find a reading on the new device, I checked here to find out what was up.  I read that it isn't enabled, and users of other Fitbit devices have been complaining about this for over a year!

What the hell Fitbit???  If you are going to market devices with this feature it better **ahem** well be able to do it.  Otherwise users should be reimbursed for the lack of function or be fully refunded for their device.

At the minimum, activate the sensor and create a simple app that users can get a reading.  

Mods, please don't respond saying that it will be available at a later, undetermined date.  Give us a real target date, fully functional devices, or start issuing refunds.  And for the love of God pull all of the oxygen saturation BS off your marketing until you fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

** ahem ** was substituted into the OP by the forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rockgeirRead this link and we will be getting a beta window in November..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Colin,

Thanks for the link.  It is indeed helpful to know that there will be a limited enrollment of a sleep study in November.

While I appreciate this, the announcement is a far cry from Fitbit actually addressing the problem:

Fitbit has been, for over a year, advertised an O2 saturation monitor for several devices, but has not actually delivered it.  This is blatant false advertising.  Fitbit users should either be provided with said functionality or be reimbursed, plain and simple. This is BS and it needs to be addressed immediately.

Best Answer