Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora not syncing with Fitbit Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My issue is that my ionic is not downloading my pandora plus stations. I checked pandora and my four most played stations are downloaded in the offline section. I have also tried to force sync pandora through the Fitbit app, however in the Fitbit app when I download the pandora app there is no settings for pandora in the media section to force sync the stations to. 

I have tried resetting my watch, turning off my Bluetooth and my phone. I have removed ionic from my Bluetooth on my phone and then added it again, I have removed my ionic from my Fitbit app and readded it. I have removed pandora from the Fitbit app and then downloaded it many times. I have done a myriad of combinations of these things. And nothing seems to work. Can someone please help?

i used to have all my stations there but this past week or so they disappeared and this issue is now killing me.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @Lizbiz840, it's nice to see you around the forums! Thanks for already troubleshooting this syncing issue between your Fitbit Ionic and your Pandora Stations. Nice way to go! Robot wink

While reading your post, my first thought is that your Fitbit Ionic might be no longer paired to your Fitbit account and that's why it's not syncing or connecting to your Pandora. In order to solve this, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Ionic and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device". To reconnect your tracker to your Wi-Fi, please check this article How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?

Once you've done this, try downloading your Pandora Stations to see if the inconvenience is solved. If the issue persists, I'd like you to restart your tracker and double check you're following these steps to download the stations. Have you gotten any error message when trying to sync Pandora with Ionic?

Plug your watch into the charger. Stations download automatically when the watch is charging and in range of your Wi-Fi network, or tap Force Sync Now in the Fitbit app to add the stations to your watch. 

If the issue persists, here is what I my sister did to get a Pandora station downloaded (she was about 2 feet away from the wireless router): 

• Restart Ionic
  • Restart Phone
  • Plugin Ionic to charge
  • Unlink Pandora account
  • Force Sync Now.png
  • Log out/in from Fitbit app
  • Relink Pandora Account
  • Tap on Media tile on Fitbit app
  • Tap on Manage Wi-Fi Networks to select your Wi-Fi network (if a network is listed as already connected, remove it and then re-add it and make sure it's the same Wi-Fi network that your phone is connected to)

networks2.pngnetworks1.png

• Press X in the top right corner to exit
  • On Ionic, go to and tap the Music app
  • Tap the Transfer Music button (once it's complete you'll hear/feel a buzz) the button will read Transfer Music (This will tell you for sure that your watch is connected to the same network as the phone/app)
  • Next, In the Fitbit app, tap on Media tile and tap on "Pandora (manage settings)" and select the radio station(s) you want to download
  • Perform a "Force Sync Now" job
  • Force Sync Now.png
  • On Ionic, open up the Pandora app, you should see the message, Updating Stations... Download will continue in background if you leave app.

Let me know if the above steps work for you.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

14B743B2-A74A-4CC1-8650-A7926CF3889E.png

I have tried all of the resolutions you suggested. And as stated previously, I cannot force sync Pandora because, despite being downloaded and connected to WiFi, when I go to the settings for Pandora, there is no setting for Pandora. Please see the attached screen shot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same exact problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes