Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora won’t sync with Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Ionic yesterday after my Surge notches broke on my band. 

I was sooo excited until this morning where I still have not been able to sync Pandora!!! This was one of he reasons I chose this over Apple Watch because it works independently of your phone.

Now I’m reading this is just the beginning of the horror with the ionic. I may need to go to Apple and miss out on the sleep mode and 5 day battery life for a watch that’s works the way it was designed 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @DivineLove, it's nice to have a new member here! I'm sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having when syncing your Pandora Stations to your Ionic.  Don't lose the hope my friend, I'm here to help!

I'd like you to restart your tracker and double check you're following these steps to download the stations. Have you gotten any error message when trying to sync Pandora with Ionic?

Plug your watch into the charger. Stations download automatically when the watch is charging and in range of your Wi-Fi network, or tap Force Sync Now in the Fitbit app to add the stations to your watch. 

If the issue persists, here is what I my sister did to get a Pandora station downloaded (she was about 2 feet away from the wireless router): 

• Restart Ionic
  • Restart Phone
  • Plugin Ionic to charge
  • Unlink Pandora account
  • Force Sync Now.png
  • Log out/in from Fitbit app
  • Relink Pandora Account
  • Tap on Media tile on Fitbit app
  • Tap on Manage Wi-Fi Networks to select your Wi-Fi network (if a network is listed as already connected, remove it and then re-add it and make sure it's the same Wi-Fi network that your phone is connected to)

networks2.pngnetworks1.png

• Press X in the top right corner to exit
  • On Ionic, go to and tap the Music app
  • Tap the Transfer Music button (once it's complete you'll hear/feel a buzz) the button will read Transfer Music (This will tell you for sure that your watch is connected to the same network as the phone/app)
  • Next, In the Fitbit app, tap on Media tile and tap on "Pandora (manage settings)" and select the radio station(s) you want to download
  • Perform a "Force Sync Now" job
  • Force Sync Now.png
  • On Ionic, open up the Pandora app, you should see the message, Updating Stations... Download will continue in background if you leave app.

Let me know if the above steps work for you. I'm crossing my fingers! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
This works (after 3 tries) once. For less effort I can download into my music and sync. Please...just fix the obviously broken app.
Best Answer

Hey there @FlyFrosty! I'm glad to hear that you were able to sync your Ionic to Pandora. Robot wink

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Next, learn rocket science and truly understand black hole theory.

This is pretty lame.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you mis-interpreted my response as positive. Your "solution" is only partial and wholly unacceptable. The entire process is broken.

Thank you for the invite to the Discussion boards. I have spent a great deal of time there already. The only "solution" there is the same/similar as yours. Once again, this solution does not "fix" the problem. The "solution" may work once and then often fails again.  There is an obvious problem with the app and its ability to sync as advertised...as repeatedly detailed in the Discussion boards.  The solution obviously lies in fixing the app and not in re-setting the tracker and manually updating on a repeated basis.

Best Answer
I agree...

I have a new tracker coming to replace the one I had due to this problem. I’m sure that I will still have the same issue because as you said it’s the APP.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

i hope it's not the ionic, as i have NEVER been able to get it to sync to pandora. tried multiple times a while back and again over the last days.  it gets up to downloading around 25% and craps out, no music is transferred etc. It sucks.  If you haven't opened the box don't.  Send it back. The music downloading is just awful.

Best Answer

My husband and I both have the Ionic and neither one can sync to Pandora! Fitbit.....if you want users, FIX THE PROBLEM don’t make your Fitbit community take 25 steps to fix a problem that is not theirs to begin with! As a multi million dollar company I would think you could afford to make a product that actually works!

Best Answer