Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call with Bluetooth headphones

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If I have Bluetooth headphones 4.x or higher that are connected to my phone and Fitbit can I accept a call on the Fitbit and have a conversation via my headphones?

1. so will it the headphones auto switch from the Fitbit to the phone

or

2. If my headphones are SYNCED TO PHONE ONLY and I accept a call on Fitbit will my conversation be active in my headphones

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Dido2791 Welcome to the Fitbit family! First, please make sure you have any iPhone that is listed under the list of supported devices. Reason is, you can only answer to calls on Ionic when using an iPhone.

I think there should not be any trouble as long as your headphones are paired with your phone. You should be able to answer the phone on Ionic and then listen to it on your headphones. 

Still, I'd recommend trying both ways. Try having them paired to phone only and also try having them on Ionic. Most likely, I think the one that will work best is having the headphones paired to your phone. As long as there are paired, there shouldn't be a problem.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

i have a huawei nova 3e (p20 lite) will it work for answering calls if the headphones are connected to the phone or ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @marcogiampa23, thanks for jumping in here! I'm afraid to say that the P10 is not compatible with the Fitbit app

Which means that our Android team has not yet tested them for compatibility and added them to the list what means that we don't have a estimated date on when they will be added. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try to see if you can successfully connect your tracker. 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. The developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. 

However, as general information about answering calls, if paired to an iPhone or Android (8.0+) phone, your watch lets you accept or reject incoming phone calls. If your phone is running an older version of Android, you're only able to reject calls from your watch.

To accept a call, tap the green phone icon on your watch’s screen. Note that you can’t speak into the watch — accepting a phone call answers the call on your nearby phone. To reject a call, tap the red phone icon to send the caller to voicemail.

If audio is playing on your phone when a call comes in, the audio is automatically paused so you can answer your call.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer