Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Podcasts Garbled

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried transferring three episodes of a podcast with each episode being single tracks around 45 minutes in length. In iTunes, they play fine, but on the Ionic, they were garbled. Any advice? Do I have to break tracks down?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@mr_manager wrote:

I tried transferring three episodes of a podcast with each episode being single tracks around 45 minutes in length. In iTunes, they play fine, but on the Ionic, they were garbled. Any advice? Do I have to break tracks down?

Hi @mr_manager,

The documentation only seems to specify file type, not file sizes, bit depth, etc. I haven't had time yet to play with the outer limits of the music upload, other than to verify FLAC isn't supported.

I do recall an earlier post where someone had a similar issue with fairly long audio files. The person said they were able to get things working by chopping up the files (though they didn't mention how small).  

If you do chop the files and they start working, please post here what size worked for you, so others can benefit. Hopefully Fitbit will publish the full specs before long.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Thanks. I will take some time to break the files up and see what I can get away with. Seems an extra and unnecessary step to getting podcasts and some books onto the thing... 

(Ran into another issue today when I went for a walk at lunch and the Ionic just quit the exercise three times on its own without recording data except for the first bit.)

Best Answer
0 Votes