Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird split time error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I had the same problem with the the Surge, and it happens with the Ionic too.  The way runs are displayed on the fitbit site has changed a bit so I can't take a screen shot for evidence, but it's about the figure that the Ionic or the Surge give me for the pace of my half mile split when I run.  This refers to the figure that is displayed on the watch face, and the figure that used to be displayed on the website.  It's often off by a few seconds.  Say, for example, as I was running this morning, I ran my first split in 3.49 for half a mile, if my memory serves me correctly,  and it gave me a pace of 7.30 min/mile.  Obviously the average pace is simply twice the time of the split.  It's strange, and not very helpful, even though it's only ever an error of 2 or 3 seconds a mile or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I did try, for interest, the 400m split option too, but the pace results it was showing me seemed even more suspicious.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, this problem is BAD. I walked 2 miles today and noticed it was way way way off.  At 0.5 I got there in 7:32, and it showed a pace of 19:20.  Even worse.....at 1.0 mile my total walk time was 16:15, but my split pace was again around 19:25.  This continued for the 1.5 split.  Then at the 2.0 split it is like it corrected all at once as it showed a rediculous walking split of 12:20.

As you noted, it corrected them all at the end, in the summary and in the app, but what a complete and total waste and screwed up function. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the time shown at the 'cue' is your current pace, not the average pace of the cue or split.  And it is useless especially on a walk.  It is never close to my 16' 00" mile that I would expect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dermbrian wrote:

I think the time shown at the 'cue' is your current pace, not the average pace of the cue or split.  And it is useless especially on a walk.  It is never close to my 16' 00" mile that I would expect.

No way.  I use the current pace screen and I never get into the 19:20s on a walk of 16:45 miles. 

Best Answer
0 Votes