Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Bar on flip

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today, unlike every other day, when I flip my watch to see the time, I get the power bar and %. If I press left button or tap I get the clock and if I flip soon after I get the clock but after a while, a flip takes me to the power bar again. How do I make it show the clock by default? (How did I change this?!)

Ironically, when I'm charging, I rarely and sporadically see the power bar when I pick up the watch. Pretty much that is all I want to see because the power cord is too short to do much else.

Ian
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CurtisiI - I'm not 100% sure that I am following you. Are you saying that when you turn your wrist to check the time, your Ionic is displaying the battery charging %? If that is the case, that is definitely unexpected behaviour. Please restart your tracker - hopefully that will correct this.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

If not, you should try a "Factory Reset". That is done through the settings on the watch itself.

Let me know if any of this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @CurtisiI - I'm not 100% sure that I am following you. Are you saying that when you turn your wrist to check the time, your Ionic is displaying the battery charging %? If that is the case, that is definitely unexpected behaviour. Please restart your tracker - hopefully that will correct this.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

If not, you should try a "Factory Reset". That is done through the settings on the watch itself.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Howard, yes you understood correctly and a restart fixed it, thanks. I guess the watch should do this when it is charging.  That would be a good thing but my impression was that is was not a very reliable function. I suppose in this instance it got confused about being charged. The upside of that is that I now understand that you only get the power bar the first time you look and then there is a period when you will get the clock. After a while, you get the power power again on the first look.

Ian
Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent! I’m glad you are back on track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Further to the above. The first time I pick up the watch when it is charging, it wants my PIN. Really? I have to put in a PIN to see the state of the charge?  It should just give me the power bar. If I want to do more, then ask for the PIN. I suspect it is this fiddling around trying to enter stuff and keep the short cord connected that has confused the state of affairs.

Ian
Best Answer