Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushing a Stroller will Count Steps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Ionic does not record distance, pace, or accurate steps when pushing a stroller.

I do not want to take off my $300 watch and put it in my pocket (leggings don’t usually have pockets anyway) when I walk with my daughter. I will never, ever be able to meet my workout or step goal if I can’t count stroller walks each day.  

If I track the walk with the stroller, the GPS will record a map of my walk, but not the distance, even though GPS is on.

My current solution is to track my walk as “bike” and then go into the app and change the category from “bike” to “walk”.  Since the “bike” option tracks my distance via GPS it will convert to a mile pace, but I still don’t get that distance counted in my Daily Miles for some reason.  I wear my old One to count steps, and STILL don’t get a correct daily mile/distance count (even though my stride length is automatically calculated.)

Hopefully this makes sense. I find it a serious problem that the answer is “take it off and put it in your pocket” (and not record any HR data...some ‘fitness tracker’!) or to wear 2 devices to get an accurate step count. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

When I did that with my versa the mileage was Way off, and when I tried to use run it kept pausing b/c I my pace was too slow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having this issue with my Charge 4 - I was pushing a stroller on two occasions and the first time, it auto-registered as a bike ride so I set it to ignore biking but now it doesn't register anything. So I guess I have to let it register as a bike and manually switch it over which is a real pain. I'm not putting it on my ankle either, too likely it'll get kicked off or something. Very disappointed with the Charge 4 overall.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i wear mine on my ankle , much more accurate 

Best Answer

Ugh I just upgraded to the fitbit charge 4 and I was hoping this problem would be resolved with a newer tracker. Nope! It still records half of my mileage and that I'm going at a 45 min/mile pace.... Ugh!!!

Best Answer