Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushing a stroller?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The video shows a woman running and pushing a stroller.  Does this mean that Fitbit has solved the problem of step count error when pushing a stroller/cart/wheelchair/other device/holding on to rails when your treadmill is at an incline?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

The key to accurate steps is to remove the Alta from your wrist and loop it onto a belt loop. When I remember to do that for grocery shopping or any time I push something that has a rigid handle, then my steps are fine. I understand that Fitbit is wrong to insist the difference is mild. It certainly is not. The damping that occurs when you push a stroller or shopping cart is the same thing that prevents your Alta from false steps while driving. Apparently, we can't have it both ways. I am resigned to remembering to take it off my wrist at the times I need to push anything. I think this will be the same with any wrist device.  I am just a user, not the staff.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The key to realize is while the tracker is on the arm,  it is unable to directly count the steps that you're get are talking,  but will look for atm motions that are typically happening while the feet are stepping.  Holding on to the stroller,  shopping cart,  pusher,  prohibited the arm to move in a natural way. Thus the algorithms need fine tuning for while pushing a cart. And this is not just a problem with fitbits. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
The thing is that I had an old school Charge HR that wasn’t completely accurate, but significantly more accurate than this new Alta HR while pushing a stroller. So based on that, I know that Fitbit could be doing better than 6K difference in steps of walking vs pushing a stroller on the same walking loop.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, it will be a bummer to lose the HR, but to get more accurate steps would be lovely! I hate missing out on 6K steps every day Monday through Friday because of it not working with a stroller. I’ll try the belt loop trick tomorrow!

Best Answer