Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick View Not Working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can only get the display on my Ionic to come on if I turn my wrist over and over, and eventually the display will come on. Yes, I can hit the button, but that is frustrating if I'm doing other things. It appears that either this Sensor is not working properly or it's slow.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Firmware Version:  27.25.16.7

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Another post on here resolved the issue for me. From home screen, swipe right and make sure screen wake is set to auto. Mine was originally, then somehow reverted back to manual until i fixed it again.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Mine is usually pretty good, but I do notice that it needs to be a pretty fast motion and with a definitive turn of the wrist to face me.

Best Answer

Mine display used to turn on also on a flick of the wrist. It doesn't do it anymore. I rebooted my watch and still the same thing. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.  Fitbit support through Twitter told me to restart the watch a couple of times.  That did not work.  Waiting for another response.

Best Answer

Another post on here resolved the issue for me. From home screen, swipe right and make sure screen wake is set to auto. Mine was originally, then somehow reverted back to manual until i fixed it again.

Best Answer

That worked. I was trying to find a menu setting for that. I didn't even know about the swipe right menu. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My display on iconic has stopped working when I shake or rotate my hand. It used to work well until a week ago. Now only way I can see the display is by pressing a button

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. For some reason mine also went to manual. Great help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your post it is correct, it solved the problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Must have reset on the last firmware update to 'Manual' and notifications 'Off'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, thankyou, thank you!!  How simple - makes me feel so dumb!!!   I'm just a week with the Ionic - guess I will learn!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did it for me. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know if it is possible to have the watch face displayed constantly?  Even when set to auto, it takes a massive, over-exaggerated turn of the wrist (like something out of a cartoon!) for mine to turn on!  It would be handy if it could just have the time displayed constantly.....

Best Answer
Sorry, did my earlier reply not show?

It must have been the Tracker update that turned off gesture display. All
good now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bootzies No, it is not possible to have the click display always on.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks! This just solved my problem too!

Cassandra Anderton
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked perfect. Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The swipe-right is no longer available. To reach the Quickview (Screen Awake) settings you need to press and hold left button. That is also Music control.

Best Answer

I also contacted Support, and their suggestion to swipe right and select Screen Wake - Auto worked for a few days, but then it started constantly reverting back to manual, or, even more maddening, to a screen that shows all my stats, but NOT THE TIME.  I'm getting very frustrated with how difficult it is to simply see what time it is!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the latest update, I could no longer see the time when I lifted my arm, so I contacted Support.  The rep told me to hold the left button down a couple seconds, then swipe right and select Screen Wake - Auto.  That worked for a few days, but then it started either constantly reverting back to Manual, or to a screen that shows all my stats on the right side of the screen, but NOT THE TIME.  I'm getting very frustrated with how difficult it is to simply see what time it is.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks

Best Answer