Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: latest Ionic Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tried answering a question on the ongoing thread on this topic but for some reason was denied.  Here goes.

FitmanFit, in short heck yeah. I have an Ionic and Charge 2 and don't download any firmware update until I check out the Fitbit Community forum to see if others are experiencing problems. The Charge 2 had a firmware update about 2 months ago that had catastrophic results for scores of owners. Fitbit has not rolled it back or pushed new firmware and many peoples devices no longer work. Bottom line: trust but verify!

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

My Fitbit has stopped working since new update help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tintot, sorry to hear that. If you read the already established thread that's 9 pages you will find you have plenty of company. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic stopped syncing to phone/computer last week.  Over the course of the day watch becomes slow.

I have tried everything, including factory reset.

Wasted hours messing about trying to resolve.

Have discovered that it will sync when charging but not otherwise.

I have no wish to recharge my watch 2-3 times a day to get it to sync/tell the right time.

Not sure what firmware updates happened in the last week.

It has worked fine for 18 months.  Flex 2 does not have any syncing problems so have had to go back to that.  

Frustrated that relatively expensive watch can't be used as one at the moment.

any ideas, anyone?

Fitbit - you need to do an update to resolve this please

Best Answer
0 Votes

Snail2020, somehow wound up choosing your post as a "best answer" in error. Anyway, check out the original 9 page thread on the Ionic firmware update that the moderator has just closed as resolved. They state a new firmware release is out that should remedy owners issues. My advice is to avoid all future updates until you check in here. Best of luck.

Best Answer

After the recent Dashboard stuff-up am very concerned doing the firmware update as I no longer trust that Fitbit developers have our best interest in mind when doing these supposed upgrades (Totally stuffed up downgrade to the app).

I still have an iPhone 5s so I am unable to run the new ISO as 13 in not supported for older phones, I feel with Fitbit latest track record on upgrades this could could be the end of my Versa and app working.

Best Answer
I’ve got the se iPhone that’s ok. All was well till tried updating fit bit 😢

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes