Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular, annoying ‘No Music Available’ message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife’s new Ionic constantly reminds her that there is ‘No Music Available’ as a notification.

She knows this. She hasn’t put any music on it and doesn’t want to do so. 

She has factory reset, and deleted the Music app.

It’s still doing it.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@AdamFS, is she only seeing this when she scrolls down on the clock face?  If so, that is normal, since there is no music loaded onto the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry,

Thanks for your reply.

No, it was happening regularly (about every hour) when the face was off, and about every 10-30 seconds when the face was active. It was not initiated by any action.

I have factory reset four times now, reinstalled the app on her Android phone, and again deleted the Music app from Apps and that, so far, seems to have put a stop to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perhaps there's a problem with the upper right button.  

Long press of this button brings up the music player.  She's either inadvertently pressing it (wearing too low in left wrist) or there's something wrong with the button itself.  

Pixel XL Oreo Ionic Airpods
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me, too!  I am not pressing anything.  I am not wearing it any differently than I have since I started wearing it.  It is driving me CRAZY for two days, to the point where I want to stop wearing it.  It happens multiple times an hours. Every hour!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happening to me too. Super annoying and I’m going to return mine unless it can be fixed. Wish Fitbit would respond.

Best Answer

Fitbit (after about 25 emails back and forth) told me I could send mine back to be looked at, but offered nothing in between.  I performed more factory resets than I can count, and it finally stopped.  BUT....that only lasted about 10 days.  The problem has returned.  This might be what gets me to splurge on the Garmin.  I am pretty much done with Fitbit at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is an update.  I finally gave in and sent mine back, because it was useless to me the way it was.  I mailed it on March 13th.  It only JUST arrived today, March 22.  This is just another reason to be annoyed with Fitbit.  Now, I have to wait another 2-3 business days for them to send it back...and then how many days it takes to actually get here.  Therefore I am looking at the first week of April. The whole process has been nothing but a hassle.  This problem started on February 17th. (Actually, it started on January 21st, but it was remedied shortly with a factory reset until 2/17.)  My first contact with fitbit was February 21st.  It will be almost 2 months (3 months if you count the first issue) between the issue starting and it being resolved when I finally get it back.  I only had it since the first of the year!  So it worked for a grand total of about 3 weeks.  And there is no guarantee the new one will work either. And if it doesn't, my only option is to go through this nightmare again or just give up and go back to Garmin. I was so excited to get an Ionic.  I am so over it.  I will only use it because I know my boyfriend paid a lot of money for it.  But I will NEVER EVER recommend any fitbit to anyone ever again.  Garmin is definitely more expensive but I never once had issues like this and their customer service is gold!

Best Answer
0 Votes