Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset for gifted Fitbit Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband has gifted me his Ionic. Does it need a full reset to sync with my phone/app? Mine is currently synced to my Inspire HR

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice gift, @FitishMom !  Let me walk you thru the steps that should have occurred when you took over his Ionic.

• From HIS phone:
    • He needs to go into the Fitbit app on his phone and tap Account > Ionic > Remove this Ionic
    • Then, he needs to go into the Bluetooth settings on his phone and tap Forget the Ionic.
    • At this point, he can add his new Fitbit device.
  • On YOUR phone:
    • Open the Fitbit app
    • Tap Account > Inspire HR > Remove Device. Remove your Inspire HR.  
    • Tap Account > Set Up a Device. Go thru the steps to connect to your phone.

Please let us know if this takes care of things for you.

On a side note, I forgot to remove my old device from my phone’s Bluetooth once when gifting it to my daughter. Since she was still on my phone’s Bluetooth, she got notifications of all my calls, texts, etc. It was funny at the time but certainly not helpful to me! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Nice gift, @FitishMom !  Let me walk you thru the steps that should have occurred when you took over his Ionic.

• From HIS phone:
    • He needs to go into the Fitbit app on his phone and tap Account > Ionic > Remove this Ionic
    • Then, he needs to go into the Bluetooth settings on his phone and tap Forget the Ionic.
    • At this point, he can add his new Fitbit device.
  • On YOUR phone:
    • Open the Fitbit app
    • Tap Account > Inspire HR > Remove Device. Remove your Inspire HR.  
    • Tap Account > Set Up a Device. Go thru the steps to connect to your phone.

Please let us know if this takes care of things for you.

On a side note, I forgot to remove my old device from my phone’s Bluetooth once when gifting it to my daughter. Since she was still on my phone’s Bluetooth, she got notifications of all my calls, texts, etc. It was funny at the time but certainly not helpful to me! 

Best Answer

Thank you very much! This worked perfectly. I really appreciate the help!

Best Answer