Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Exercise Intermittently Crashing - Manual Cues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I do interval runs at the track every two weeks where I do a quarter mile fast and another quarter slow.  There's no way to do this on Fitbit without setting it to cue my workout manually, which has been fine.  However, during my last two interval workouts, my fitbit has crashed three times and I've lost my entire workout.  Some points.

• The crash always happens not long (10 seconds or so) after I initiate a manual cue.  As I enter the first turn of the track, I look at the watch to get my pace and I find it sitting back at the run screen.
  • When I click on run again, GPS displays as already connected (vs looking for a connection).  So it seems like the GPS hasnt disconnected from the crashed run, but I do have to start the exercise over again.
  • When I sync, the crashed runs are gone.  This is disappointing.  I'd hope that, at a minimum, the device would preserve the data leading up to the crash.  I'd be less frustrated if I have multiple workouts, vs losing the data altogether.
  • I also regularly use auto cue workouts via minutes and distance.  Fitbit never crashes in this case.

Has anyone faced this before? Any ideas on how to resolve?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Bump

wrote:

I do interval runs at the track every two weeks where I do a quarter mile fast and another quarter slow.  There's no way to do this on Fitbit without setting it to cue my workout manually, which has been fine.  However, during my last two interval workouts, my fitbit has crashed three times and I've lost my entire workout.  Some points.

• The crash always happens not long (10 seconds or so) after I initiate a manual cue.  As I enter the first turn of the track, I look at the watch to get my pace and I find it sitting back at the run screen.
  • When I click on run again, GPS displays as already connected (vs looking for a connection).  So it seems like the GPS hasnt disconnected from the crashed run, but I do have to start the exercise over again.
  • When I sync, the crashed runs are gone.  This is disappointing.  I'd hope that, at a minimum, the device would preserve the data leading up to the crash.  I'd be less frustrated if I have multiple workouts, vs losing the data altogether.
  • I also regularly use auto cue workouts via minutes and distance.  Fitbit never crashes in this case.

Has anyone faced this before? Any ideas on how to resolve?

Best Answer
0 Votes