Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Pace Erratic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not a fast runner, but I'm rock-solid at paces. Needless to say, but I'm very dissapointed in the Ionic's pace display. Say I'm running a 10min mile pace and I flip my wrist to check my info. I can expect to see paces of 8-14 minutes randomly appear for as long as I look at the screen. 

I'm on the 27.31.1.29 firmware, listening to Pandora, and running on streets lined by normal houses and occasional trees. My Garmin Tactix is unflappable on the same route. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Community @SomethingWitty. Thanks for sharing the firmware you currently have on your Ionic. I would like you to restart your Ionic and test it again. Did the issue started after the update? 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've restarted multiple times both for this reason and in general. I've started setting my display to "always on", which seems to improve the odds of my pace remaining close to accurate.

The watch is still subpar at correctly measuring running on 400m/.25mi tracks. And, leaving the display on means that I have to charge every night to have enough power for the next day. This additional wear on the battery will undoubtedly shorten the lifespan of my watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @SomethingWitty! I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this matter.

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes