Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and the ionic update released

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For those of you out there with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 from T-Mobile, I would strongly advise you against performing any updates without the assistance of Fitbit customer services, or until they release a updated package or something that works or reasonably functions. I updated my application and basically every two to three hours it would fall out of sync and time would start dropping off and of course no notifications were coming through Etc. It was a real hassle so every time I had to resync and I finally tried to perform a Factory Restore on the ionic and do a synchronization that way, following the directions outlined to remove the old one from the application etc etc.

It ended up bricking my ionic until I could get it halfway synced again and now it's alive at least.... I'm not kidding you people out there when I say I've done this over 36-37 times in trying to synchronized again.

I know my way around professionally having retired from the I.T. Occupation after 23 years and I have been over every setting and every button on that phone and there is definitely something not right with that code.

Just to give you all the heads up this is what I've been dealing with:..... of course make sure both items are charged to 100%. I follow all the rules religiously and let's say I've got a brand spanking new downloaded and installed Fitbit program on my phone, and I have gone to the trouble of cleaning any remnants of any old program off, and so far on and so forth. I even deleted the partition cache just to make sure there was no junk. Reset the network settings as well and reconnected my wireless network and made sure that every Bluetooth connection was deleted and cleaned out.

Did a full system reset on the ionic and had the cable plugged in standing by ready to go as it will not shut off if it is plugged in ( unless you already have Firmware and a config on it.)   I can fire up the program and get the program to recognize the ionic via Bluetooth and give me a code. That's when things go sideways. It wants to recognize the wireless network next, and even shows available Networks. But as I put in networks that I obviously know are correct, they do not connect and they spin for about a minute and a half and disappear until all networks are gone. Then no matter what I do the networks will not show up and the firmware that is required after a reset on the ionic I believe will not come down via Bluetooth, and if it does it would probably take three hours.

Here's the goofy part... Now mind you this worked flawlessly for 2 years until this update. I need to shut off my ionic and my phone for an hour and let them sit for a while before I can try it again and I get to about the same place sometimes a little further but I never get an IP address. Even when I'm standing right over my router! Anybody seen that and got an answer? I certainly would be much obliged!

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @SunsetRunner I'm glad to see you again participating in our forums. Let me help you out with your inquiry.

First, I'd like to appreciate your time and effort troubleshooting this matter prior posting. Let me share with you that Fitbit is always striving to improve our products and services, therefore, we release firmware updates for our devices and software updates for our Fitbit app to improve the Fitbit experience. At this moment, we are unaware of any particular syncing issue with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 after the most recent update, which is a compatible mobile device with our products and services.    

I noticed on your post that you already tried some troubleshooting steps such as our factory reset procedure, however, if you haven't already done so, I recommend you to follow the steps from: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? for Android devices and let me know if the time you spend to sync your device was improved. If by any chance you continue having difficulties, I recommend you to try with a different mobile device or computer and let me know if you experience the same situation.. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions and I will gladly assist you with them. 

Best Answer