Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen lock function available on the Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So when Im kickboxing my gloves don't start/stop my workouts.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SteveLewis72 @USAF-Larry @SunsetRunner Ionic will not initially include the screen lock feature during exercise activities. I recommend voting for this existing Ionic idea in our Feature Suggestions board. The more votes the idea receives, the more likely it is to be considered for implementation in future releases.

I voted!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@SteveLewis72, I would be very hesitant to wear a smartwatch such as the Ionic inside of boxing gloves. But, what would locking the screen have to do with starting/stopping workouts?

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry wrote:

@SteveLewis72, But, what would locking the screen have to do with starting/stopping workouts?

Wearing gloves has a well documented habit of stopping workouts when worn with touch sensitive screens. Having the ability to lock the screen would prevent such early ends of recorded workout sessions.

As for the Ionic, I have no idea whether it will. The Apple Watch sort of has one but that is more for swimming, as the screen becomes totally unresponsive when wet. Actually, as I write that, maybe the Ionic will, as it has a dedicated swim function. 

Best Answer

Taking gloves on and off touches the screen, if you havnt tried it you wouldn't understand.

Best Answer

@SteveLewis72 @USAF-Larry @SunsetRunner Ionic will not initially include the screen lock feature during exercise activities. I recommend voting for this existing Ionic idea in our Feature Suggestions board. The more votes the idea receives, the more likely it is to be considered for implementation in future releases.

I voted!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

This feature has been requested since the surge and yet its still missing. I don't box but I had a similar issue when climbing mount Snowdon with my blaze. My sweaty sleeves kept pausing and completing the session, so I had multiple gaps and missing data from my trek, extremely annoying. A simple screen lock would have prevented this. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

This issue is the same one I had with the Blaze.   Fitbit still hasn’t fixed it,  the touch screen issue makes the watch worthless for hiking, running, biking etc in the NW.   Jackets and gloves both activate the screen and pause/stop workouts.   If you plan on using the gps feature, I’d recommend returning it while you can.

Best Answer

fitbits typical bull**ahem** reply's to base features they should have already included. Just doing cardio it stops constantly when hit.

Fitbits lack of foresight and lame new releases is going to be their downfall

Best Answer

Had this same discussion for the Blaze, voted, got a chorus of support, it was clear nothing was going to happen for the Blaze so the loyal folk pinned their hopes on such a feature being included in the next gen. I now have an Ionic, and no lock screen. So go ahead and vote, just don't get your hopes up. 

Best Answer