Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen unresponsive after swim - keeps restarting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, Have just been swimming and used the exercise to track my swim. First issue is that the swim stopped tracking after 350 metres, even though I did not stop for more than a few seconds in between lengths, instead of recording the full 800 metres. This is less of an issue as I can add the balance.

The main issue is that the screen is completely unresponsive. It is still counting steps but I cannot scroll the screen. If I press the top right button it goes to exercise and then automatically shows run, but again I cannot scroll/swipe on this screen either.

I have performed restart a few times, and now it is restarting itself continually. Sometimes giving me an error message saying clock error and that I need to choose a new clock, I have done this even though I am only selecting the original clock (argyle) on the app. Is it dead? I love the Ionic and will be gutted if my £300 product only lasted 18 months.

Well, it stopped re-starting and appears to be OK, however it's not recording all the steps and does not record heart rate, so it appears my swim has partially killed it. Also, the battery % is reducing at an alarming rate, I've lost 20% in then last 2 hours. Admittedly I have looked more often due to the issues, but t is still reducing fast.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, yes the Ionic is officially dead. The support team were great and a replacement is on it's way as it was within warranty. However, I will NOT be wearing it for swimming again, as either it was just it's time or it's not as waterproof as stated.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Thanks for stopping by @SueBee37. I appreciate the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. 

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your watch. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email, they will be happy to continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, yes the Ionic is officially dead. The support team were great and a replacement is on it's way as it was within warranty. However, I will NOT be wearing it for swimming again, as either it was just it's time or it's not as waterproof as stated.

Best Answer

Since October when the Charge3 came out it has been replaced under warranty 7 times.   It is always after I have been swimming.  As SueBee37 stated this device is not waterproof.   I specifically purchased because it was supposed to be.   I have sent back 5 of my devices and have not heard one word on what the issue was.   Everything else about the Charge3 I love but I want something that is waterproof and does not die every 4 to six weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes