Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for the Solution. Need your help, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greets all,

As the title suggests, I am searching for the solution with our Ionic issue. I did receive my replacement, but it will not let me setup the watch without forcing me to update (Its a new watch), and being that there is no guarantee it will not fall victim to the same issue, I decided to put my troubleshooting skills to see if my thought process path could fix our dilemma since most of us have this issue and its been 3 weeks with no answer.

So here is what I need:

Ionic Users who have a FULLY FUNCTIONAL no issue watch, I need your help. I need to know two things off your setup: 1) I need to know the fitbit software version you are running, you can find this by going on your phone and then to "settings / apps / fitbit" there is should tell you the version of the fitbit software. 2) I need you to go into the fitbit app choose the icon on the top left (The silhouette of a person), then choose the Ionic Watch icon by tapping on it, then on the next page on top it will tell you the firmware version currently running on your watch.

What I consider a WORKING watch:

Can turn off watch by going to about and choosing shutdown, then using ONLY the left button to turn it on, syncs with phone, does not lose time at all.

Please post these so I can look into my thought. If I do find a solution I will let everyone know, but without this info I will be shooting in the dark. I believe these two numbers are the key.

Anyone with the current software / firmware: 3.12.1 / 70.7.14, need not reply as this combination does not work for many of us.

Thanks to everyone who helps out helping me find a solution for all of us.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

My thought is that the tracker will continue to show the setup message until the firmware is installed. Your choices are to install 27.70.7.14 or wait for the next version to be released. 

Your tracker will continue to sync an minimally track steps without the firmware. 

Best Answer

And it doesnt track steps correctly nor does it keep time correctly.

Actually there is another option, hence my request.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngelDeath you say that you are refusing to setup the tracker until you get a response. 

You should not be seeing any time on the tracker until it is setup. Your first post says that the tracker is not setup. I did read carefully. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue 

I am not looking for a minimally functioning watch with a logo just sitting in the middle of my watch and counting steps, And as I said there is another option, which I have found and as of right now I am testing this out. I think I have found a correlation.

I do not want to say what I have found until I am sure, because I don't want to give false hope, nor do I want the mods deeming it worthy of post removable. I currently have a FULLY functioning watch, and I am currently testing my assumption. I cannot say more at this time.

If you are not having any issues with the current firmware, then I'm really glad for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngelDeathI'm a minimalist myself and on the Ionic I have always used the Fitbit Ace clock face and that has the steps every time I look at the time. Tap it, and it cycles through HR etc..

I have never had any issues with updates or firmware and this Ionic is over 16 months old.

When I charge the Ionic I always switch it off, wait, then turn it on and charge from the USB port on my Windows computer.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer