Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Ionic not working correctly.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Soooooo disappointing this is my second broken one in a year seriously folks buy the Apple Watch better product 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I also had 2 Ionics, the first overheated so much it was too hot to even touch without getting burned, I thought it was going to explode, this was after only 3 months use. The replacement died, just stopped working after 4 months. I got my money back and bought the Versa, so far (fingers crossed) it is working fine, except the GPS is now under recording. My versa is only 4 months old and hopefully it will not fail as badly as the Ionic's did.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

When people end up with multiple broken trackers I have to start wondering if it is something they are doing. Yes, defective trackers do make it into the stream of commerce but multiple ones with the same person start to make me wonder. I have not had a single tracker fail, other than the bands in the original Charge and Surge. I have had some issues after firmware updates but they eventually get fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well the first time mine broke I was swimming with a patient just the other day I was sick as a dog with a sinus infection sitting in the bathtub. They are supposed to be waterproof obviously the problem is water so they should not be advertised as waterproof 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tell me darling what do you think I was doing!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Often when you see that blue and red link the responders are advocates of Fitbit devices.  So expect blame to be put onto users like you for problems or known issues.

Personally found that insinuation and reply somewhat repulsive.  My Ionic crashed and crapped out on its very own in normal use -> and was replaced.  In absolutely zero water conditions.  The Ionic should not crash.  That should be expected.  Tech Support did the right thing and sent out a replacement right away.  Without me even asking or requesting that.

My very old Timex Marathon GPS never has crashed and simply uploads to Strava over and over without nary a problem.  That is normal.  The number of Ionic unresolved “known issues” is not normal.  That is the reality.  

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured he worked for Fitbit and had too much time on his hands 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep.  But he will deny it.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had 2 Ionics, the first overheated so much it was too hot to even touch without getting burned, I thought it was going to explode, this was after only 3 months use. The replacement died, just stopped working after 4 months. I got my money back and bought the Versa, so far (fingers crossed) it is working fine, except the GPS is now under recording. My versa is only 4 months old and hopefully it will not fail as badly as the Ionic's did.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you, please remember that we do not expect manufacturing issues to to affect our trackers but that's why every Fitbit tracker comes a limited product warranty and in case you have inquiries or doubts about what it covers, you can check it on this article: Return Policy & Warranty.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, now please remember to keep the conversation civil and refrain from foul language or personal attacks to other members of the Community. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

How nice you and patruns are friends perhaps you should look at his post. A product failed and patruns decided to stick his nose in my post with his wild accusations 

Best Answer
0 Votes

“I also had 2 Ionics, the first overheated so much it was too hot to even touch without getting burned, I thought it was going to explode, this was after only 3 months use. The replacement died, just stopped working after 4 months.”

This is actually quite concerning.  The solutions reported are:

a)   Buy an Apple Watch

b)   Buy the Versa

Not gotten to that point -> but something to keep in mind.  Manufacturing issues are the problem according to this Fitbit response.

“I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you, please remember that we do not expect manufacturing issues to to affect our trackers but that's why every Fitbit tracker comes a limited product warranty”

Hmm?  Interesting admission.

Best Answer

Yes I took a screenshot before it disappears 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smart.  But how silly.  Edson just took down a post.  Where I was actually trying to help someone.  Maybe they need to take a look and resolve “known issues” with their device before doing that.  Wow.  Unbelievable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the last time mine broke I came on this forum and all of my posts were removed as I described in detail the shoddy customer service from having to take a video and pics of my broken Fitbit with a piece of paper next to it with the date...like who makes this up? Then I had to wait nearly two and a half weeks from when they received mine back in warehouse to when mine was shipped back not a reputable company to deal with 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the last time mine broke I came on this forum and all of my posts were removed as I described in detail the shoddy customer service”

Yep.  So true.  He took down the post again -> but this time not giving any reason.  Really validates your concerns with Customer Service.  This sort of activity reflects very poorly on the brand indeed.  In this way -> much better understand why so many are upset on this forum.

An admission of manufacturing issues and taking down of posts for no valid reason.  Hmm?  Is making more sense now.

Best Answer
0 Votes